Love (1)

It was one of those morning where Harry woke up and couldnt get back to sleep. He stayed in bed for hours staring up at the ceiling until his eyes started to weigh him down.

But time seemed to pass by so slowly.

The ceiling started flowing like a lake on a spring morning, and his body seemed to sink into the mattress as if it had been waiting for him to surrender, so that it could consume his entire being.

It was calming. Yet somehow empty too.

Harry wanted something out of life. Not battles. Not crazy adventures. He has had his share of those. He wanted to find something but he wasnt sure what.

He craved the touch of someone, but who?

He closed his eyes, watching the ceiling of water fade away and letting a blanket of thoughts fall across his body and mind.

On mornings like this it was like his thoughts were enhanced.

He could hear the voices of people he thought about.

He could feel them.

He could see them.

So if he just let his mind wander he might discover things he didn't even know were there.

At first he only saw colors, his thoughts all falling together and becoming a mess of voices, words, songs, pictures, touches and faces.

But if he waited awhile, and let his mind drift into a state of half awareness. He could discover things.

Slowly he started hearing clear voices. It sounded familiar.

It was a deep whisper.

Harry.

Like a breeze across his face.

God Harry loved that voice. He wanted to hear it say his name over and over and over again until he might explode.

Harry.

A face. A pale face is what Harry saw. Eyes of silver and oceans during a heavy storm.

Harry.

A voice. A voice which sounded like a beach singing a lullaby at night. A forest whispering his name as he stares at the silver moon.

Harry.

He saw hair. Hair as smooth as silk, and as white a snow. Like a snowstorm on a winters night.

Harry

Lips. Pale pink lips like cherry blossoms on a new spring morning.

Harry

Harry

HARRY!

Suddenly the Gryffindor shot up, eyes wide.

'Did i fall back asleep?' He thought.

"Harry! Wake up mate. We're gonna miss breakfast!" A familiar voice yelled.

Harry turned his head towards it seeing Ron staring at him with an expression of utter annoyance.

"Get up!! I dont wanna miss breakfast!"

"Alright alright. You can go ahead, Ron. Ill be right behind you." Harry mumbled slipping out of bed while the red head slowly left the room saying something about how hungry he was and pancakes.

Sighing Harry looked around the room, trying to recall when he had fallen back asleep and how that was able to happen. Harry never fell back asleep after waking up. Ever.

Thoughts of the dream started entering his mind like a silent whisper. Harry furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Who could that be?" He thought aloud while putting on his robes.

He didn't know who it was. Nor did he think he would he ever. All he knew was that it was familiar.

———

Harry was sat at the Gryffindor table next to Ron and across from Hermione. They was talking about the upcoming day but his mind kept drifting off.

"Harry? Why do you keep staring at the Slytherin table?" Hermione questioned.

"Hmm what? Im not."

"Uh yes you are. You still are as we speak."

Suddenly Harry realized, that yeah, he was staring.

"Whats over there?"

"Uhhh nothing 'm just zoned out" He replied quickly, his eyes still glued on the Slytherin table.

He forced himself to snap them towards Hermione and gave her a small smile.

She didn't seem convinced.

Throughout the rest of breakfast his eyes would constantly be pulled towards the Slytherin table like a magnet, specifically towards a certain boy.

'Stop looking at him!'

But he couldn't. Harry couldn't stop himself from melting. He couldn't stop himself from feeling a familiar warmth spread throughout his body. He couldn't stop himself from feeling a déjà vu as if he has been here before. Felt this before. Seen this before.

But it was crazy. Harry couldn't have a soft spot for his enemy. It had to be some sort of dream, some sort of trick someone is playing on him.

Did someone put a love potion in his drink?

At that thought Harry furrowed his brows and looked at his cup.

'Oh shit it has to be.'

"Hermione." He asked still staring at his cup angrily.

"Hmm?"

"How do you know if there a love potion in your drink?"

At that the bushy haired girl brought her attention to Harry "why do you ask?" She wondered.

"Uh nothing really. Im just interested." He lied

Hermione stared at him several seconds, seemingly contemplating something. Harry didn't know what.

"Well..." she hesitated "usually its very hard to tell if there is actually a love potion in your drink, and it always depends on the amount added. But, more often than not your drink will have a slightly different color or taste than usual. However, its so subtle that most dont notice it unless they REALLY pay attention," she ranted taking a deep breathe before continuing
"but if its in your system already its alot easier to notice if you are capable of bringing your awareness together and sorting your thoughts. Its sorta as if you were drunk... or rather high. You feel far away and do whatever your first thought is, but you can also get yourself to focus and be aware of it. If there is a love potion in your system you tend to feel light and cloudy and thoughts of a certain person keep jumping into your head. Though if you are under the love potion and actually think you are, once you think about it its rather obvious. You won't actually have to question yourself all to much." She finished exhaustingly.

Harry felt normal. And his drink tasted as good as ever.

'Im definetly under a love potion.'

"Well thanks Hermione" Harry said lifting his legs to get out of his seat "ill be on my way!"

"I just told you an absolute shit tone of information and your not even going to tell me why you wanted to know?" She asked frustratingly.

"Hmm, let me think." Harry tapped his chin in deep thought "no." He gave a shit eating grin and left.