𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐳 (𝟏)

"you superstar. you always know how to make me feel better."

-----

y/n's pov

seeing kai on his phone, he's been addicted to it ever since he came in after a 0-0 draw with manchester united.

"bubba, you okay?"

he gave me a quick glance, with glossy eyes. "oh, yeah, yeah. why wouldn't i be?"

"something's going on. you've been glued to your phone for three hours. you normally go on it for half an hour at most. you can tell me, baby."

"i don't know if i can..."

a bunch of questions were rushing through my head. i wouldn't expect him to cheat, considering he says that his family love me more than him. what is he hiding?

"why? what's up, bubba?"

kai turned to look me in the eyes. the second his dilated pupils found mine, he broke out into tears.

"woah, baby, come here." i held my arms out, and he scuttled into my shoulder.

i let him stay in my arms for a while, clearly he had bottled it up for a long time and it just needs to come out all at once.

i grabbed his phone, to see what he was looking at. i open it, with my face id, to find a comment section, filled with hate comments. this was under a sky sports post, with roy keane slagging him off. kai had to cover his ears when i played the video, clearly it being something he didn't want to hear.

"oh, baby." i pressed kisses to his forehead, brushing his curls out of his view. "oh, baby. that's horrible! why do you read them?"

"i don't know, princess. i went on it as i was tagged in it, i thought they might have said something good about me. i started to read the comments and they're all stuck in my head."

"darling. what did we say? you're young, you're still adapting to a completely new league with a new system. it's all different, people can't expect you to merge in the team in a few seconds."

"but bruno fernandes did, with manchester united. why can't i? am i not good enough?" he moved his head from my shoulder and looked me in the eyes.

"baby," i cupped his head in my hands. "bruno's older, and has moved from a team with a simple system to another team with a simple system. even though he settled in way too quickly, he still gets hate. you know, bruno penandes, and he gets called lots of different things too. you've got high expectations because of your name, babe. don't let it get to your head. i don't care if you score twenty million own goals, you'll still be the best player in the world, in my eyes. you're more than good enough. and don't think less of yourself."

"awww, princess." he nuzzled his nose in the crook of my neck before kissing it. "i love you."

"i love you too. do you want me to get your favourite film on? we can cuddle with our puppy,"

"i just want to be with you."

"that's fine, baby. how about, i run you a bath with my bath salts, even though you steal them-"

"i can't help it! they're really good!"

"haha, i know. i'll run you a bath, with my bath salts, and you won't have stolen them. then, we can cuddle and watch a film or do whatever you want."

"i've got different ideas, but i suppose cuddling will do." kai winked.

"kai!" i gasped, before we both started laughing.

"i'm joking, princess. i wanna cuddle with you."

"okay, okay. i'll go get your bath sorted."

"but i want you to stay with me."

"come with me, baby."

"can you carry me?"

"i would, but you're much more stronger than me. you've got muscle."

"hmmm. i suppose i'll have to carry you."

kai grabbed my waist and picked me up, taking me to the bathroom. he put me down, then pulled me in, so my back was against his torso.

"i love you."

"i love you too." i pressed a sweet kiss to his lips, before beginning the bath.

i put the bath salts in, before making sure it was the right temperature before kai could go in.

"want me to stay?"

"up to you, princess. you could get the pillow fort sorted? i know you loved making them back in germany."

"yeah, i'll go do that. tell me when you're out, then i can do your hair."

"awww, yes, i love it when you do my hair."

i smiled at him, then i left to go get all of our pillows and blankets. i made the fort in the time it took kai to get himself sorted.

"baby, you can do my hair now."

i turned around to find him on his phone.

"what are you doing?"

"i'm messaging timo, princess. that's all, i promise."

i checked, and he wasn't lying. i sat behind kai in our make-shift fort, and i dried and styled his hair, the way he loves it.

"done."

"you superstar. you always know how to make me feel better."

i began playing with his hair, messing it up slightly, but if it means i can style it again i won't be complaining.

kai soon relaxed, nearly falling asleep. "ich liebe dich," (i love you) i whispered, not wanting to disturb him too much, while pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"ich liebe dich auch," (i love you too) he responded, holding onto me tight.

i soon began falling asleep, with kai in my arms.

-----

long one lmao 😅

hope this is okay, willing to rewrite :)

stay safe, c.b 💕💕