𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

y/n's pov

"i'm clearly her favourite!"

"no, i'm her favourite!"

"what? i'm her favourite!"

the constant fighting of my brothers. wondering 'who y/n's favourite is'. there isn't really an answer, it depends on my mood, their mood, and how we've been the past few days. it's a constant changing cycle.

"what are you doing? jan! eden! yari, get off kevin! thorgan, don't get involved."

"stop fighting! you're all grounded!"

the room fell silent, as my father shouted five words to them.

"you're staying in here until you've sorted this out. understood?" they nodded their heads, in sync. "good. talk, don't shout or fight."

my parents left the room, both with a stern look on their faces as they walked away.

the second the door slammed shut, they all came crowded around me.

"y/n, who's your favourite? who is it? tell us." jan said, making me turn to him.

"is it me? i think i am," eden proclaimed. i turned around to face him.

"how is it you, it's me by a landslide."

i became twisted, after being span around because of the endless looking at someone, then another, then another.

eventually, we all sat on the sofa, quietened down. finally, a moment of silence.

"kevin," i whispered.

"what did you say, y/n?"

"kevin. at the moment, he's my favourite."

"YES! HAHA!" kevin shouted, jumping on me, engulfing me in a hug.

the other four left the room, looking upset. kevin must have noticed as he let me go and went to our parents.

i followed after them, to see them lying down, with tears brimming their eyes. once they all noticed me at the doorway, they wiped the tears away, building a wall.

my heart dropped to my stomach after seeing them in this state. a wave of guilt rode over me, the tides silently suffocating me. i needed to speak about it.

"i'm sorry, i'm so sorry."

i went over to the four of them, wiping their tears away and hugging them in a group.

"i didn't mean it, you're all my favourite. i don't know why i said it, i felt that i had to break the deadlock. i promise that i didn't mean it," i said, my barrier beginning to fall. "i love you all equally, you're all my favourite."

their faces started to lift, as kevin came into the room. a hug ended the arguement.

a small action spoke enough words.

-----

hope this is okay! i have been working on this slowly, but this is the final product :)

stay safe, c <3