𝐛𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 (𝟐)

"monopoly won't play itself."

-----

y/n's pov

it was date night for me and ben, something we rarely had due to our tight and ridiculous schedules.

but, my brain had something else in mind.

it made my body not want to do anything; it didn't want to go out tonight.

when ben eventually figured out that i wasn't up for it, he made a plan really quickly.

"you up for tonight, baby? you don't look part of it."

"no, i'm not up for it. i don't know why, though."

"that's fine. come on," he pressed a kiss to my cheek. "monopoly won't play itself."

i looked at him, confused before he grabbed my hand and brought me to our dining table, where a game of monopoly was set up.

"this is our date night, baby. we can easily instagram it without showing our faces."

"aww, thank you, chilly. you're the best."

"i know i am. shotgun being banker!"

i rolled my eyes at the sight of this man-child be revealed in front of me.

we did rock paper scissors to see who went first. he won, and he rolled first.

"i'm buying my first property. go me! i'm taking whitechapel road." (it's the uk version)

this is going to be a long night.

time skip three hours

"i don't have enough to pay you 400 monopoly money."

"what?" i chuckled. you take advantages of buying the most expensive plot on the board, mayfair.

"i don't have enough. if only i rolled a five, i would have only had to give you 60."

"well, you know what that means then."

"what, babe?"

"that i win."

"no, that's wrong."

"no, that's right."

"no, no, no, no, no. nah, you're lying. i'm sure i've got the 400 talking about it."

"mhh, yeah? you do? hand it over, in my hands."

"erm... erm... i'll pay interest or get a loan?"

"that's not how monopoly works, chilly."

"but, i can be the exception, right?"

"no."

"oh. shit, shit, shit. erm... you win...?"

"thank you!" i jumped up from my seat and celebrated a little. if you couldn't guess by now, he never: a) admits to defeat, b) lets me win and c) loses against me.

the curse is broken! after two+ years of waiting, i've beaten him on game night.

i looked back at ben, who had his bottom lip curled, like a child would after not getting what they wanted.

"sore loser, eh?"

he nodded, crossing his arms.

"aww."

i went over to him and sat on his lap, facing him. i hugged him, which calmed him down and a smile found his face. ben kissed my temple as he picked me up, moving to the sofa.

we cuddled together, holding and keeping the memory forever.

-----

hope this is okay!

stay safe and sending my love, c <3 <3 <3