𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭 (𝟑)

mason mount and the reader watching their daughter at their daughters first (professional) football game

-----

y/n's pov

today could be one of the best days of my life.

i'm watching my daughter make her first team debut, at stamford bridge for chelsea (mason made sure that she was signed up for the chelsea academy, 'couldn't go to any better acadamy' in his words).

she started the game, against arsenal, in front of a pretty full stadium. with only being 20, she was a fresh and young talent, ready to prove herself to emma hayes and the fans.

when she walked out of the tunnel, her eyes scanned the crowd and locked eyes with mine. we both smiled, waving to each other.

mason returned, with coffee and reece by his side. reece was watching his sister, lauren, coach the side as well.

y/d/n saw mason. he just stuck a thumb up and smiled.

"i feel like i'm one of those football mums." i said to mase, also thanking him for the coffee.

"damn, y/n. we should've brought a massive flag, saying 'y/d/n is the best player in the world'."

"what? and you add, 'apart from her amazing (now retired) dad mason mount' to it?"

"yeah. we missed that opportunity, didn't we?"

"we did. it's such a shame."

"it is."

we both laughed it off, ready to watch our girl play.

playing in a cam position, famous of the mount last name, the game started.

"come on y/d/n," i heard mase whisper, when she got passed the ball. she played it out to the wings; the winger crossed it in but nothing came from it in the end.

arsenal managed to get a goal, thanks to a bit of scrappy defending and poor player-marking.

"god's sake, come on chels." mase prayed, wishing for a win.

first half done - y/d/n had been the standout player for chelsea, but they were losing 1-0.

mason couldn't wait for the second half to start, neither could reece. they both chatted together, looking at different viewpoints from the game and positives to take so far.

second half commences, and chelsea come running out of the blocks. y/d/n got the ball, and played in a beautiful cross leading to the striker to score a simple header.

the crowd erupted, and mase was jumping up and down, the inner chelsea fan in him coming out.

"yes! my daughter assists on her debut!"

"proud dad moment, eh?"

"you're not wrong, y/n. you have no idea how long i've been waiting for her debut, man."

he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me closer to him. he then started to press kisses to my forehead, but still keeping an eye on the game to see if anything was happening.

"okay, yeah, i'm the definition of third wheeling right now. i'll go see what teas they have," reece said, getting up out of his seat and leaving me and mason to it.

mase and i ended up laughing it off, then continued to watch the game.

it got near to the full ninety, before chelsea got on the counter. the goalscorer played a ball back to y/d/n, who struck it sweet. the second it left her boot you could tell that it was going to be a goal.

and, surprise surprise, it was a goal.

"that's my girl!" i cheered, as she came over to where we were sat and pointed at us.

"yes! she did it!" mason looked over at me, before hugging me, jumping.

i blew her a kiss, as a proud mother.

they returned to their starting positions, ready to commence again.

the game finished, 2-1 to chelsea. comeback queens.

we waited by the player area, waiting for her to come to us.

the second we saw her, we both rushed over and hugged her.

"mum! dad! bit tight,"

"oh, sorry, love. we're so proud of you!"

"your mum isn't wrong. i don't think i could ever be prouder of you than right now, y/d/n. i know i probably put pressure on you, but you dealt with it well. well done, love, you deserved the goal today. my player of the match!"

y/d/n didn't say anything, she only hugged him. i got a picture, knowing that one of them would post about it, especially this moment, on social media.

"thanks, dad. i love you."

"i love you too, darl. let's go celebrate, yeah?"

we walked out together, going home and celebrating the win, not forgetting her goal.

-----

hope this is okay!!

love yous, c <3