7|All is Fair in War

Abraxas was absolutely euphoric

Abraxas was absolutely euphoric. Nothing could ruin his election. He stretched, yawning as the passage way revealed himself.  He hoped to soon head to bed, though doubted his dreams would be greater than the last hour. 

Though upon entering the common room, the mood was far from his own. "What's going on—"He asked cautiously, stopping on his way to the dormitories as Riddle, a few of the death eaters, and Rosier sat in a group.

Tom turned to face him, a look of utter infuriation upon his features. Abraxas quickly glanced to notice behind him Yaxley was motioning with his hand slicing at his neck. "—here?"

"We were waiting for you to get back Abraxas. I think you'll find this meeting very important." Riddle had spoken this softly, though the coolness to his voice and look of malice behind his eyes unnerved him.

<><><><>

Monday crept upon the Castle, and Abraxas stalked quickly away from the common room. Riddle had just accused himself of insinuating to Granger he was a murderer.
He hadn't but his tongue had mentioned "perhaps the animals you strung from the rafters, or this group of students designed to kill muggles would suggest as much."

He thus took a seat beside Granger herself, knowing quite well Riddle was plotting his own murder at this point.

"If only they did it earlier—"Hermione mumbled to herself.

"Did what earlier?" Abraxas asked, quickly filling the empty spot next to her.

"Malfoy—you can't sit here!" Hermione protested noticing all the glances from the other end of the Gryffindor table.

"I honestly don't care." He said plucking an apple from the center of the table. He took a large bite, and after swallowing spoke again. "You know—Tom was really angry this morning, I haven't seen him like this in a long time"

"So?" She asked, a look of concern on her features.

He smirked taking another loud bite of the poor half destroyed apple. "Nothing—I'm just commenting." This reaction confirmed Riddle's statement. Granger had had an argument with him. Rightfully so. Tom Riddle was not the most innocent Wizard.

His eyes in mid thought flicked toward the Ravenclaw table. Augusta was talking to Hadrian Longbottom. His stomach clenched in some sort of jealousy. He was being ridiculous, knowing their kiss was telling enough that Augusta cared for himself. Though suddenly the scent of Granger's ink covered hands, and parchment aroma enticed him.

Hermione turned back to her plate, "Hey—um could I ask you a favor?" She said snapping towards his now smirking features again.

"Anything" he swallowed dangerously, wondering how her brown eyes seemed to consume him further than what he allowed himself to think. She's just a friend.