11|Unbreakable

November was cold

November was cold. The castle was filled with whispers about the strange disappearance of Hermione Granger, though after nearly a fortnight had passed everyone seemed, including Abraxas, to accept she really had left.

Abraxas figured Riddle hadn't actually killed her. He was so distracted, and dare he say sad. He was missing her, though he wouldn't admit it. He buried himself in work, and Abraxas chose to leave him be.

"Good morning." Augusta hummed, rolling over to cocoon herself into his chest. Abraxas desperately loved the ambience of the Ravenclaw dormitories. There was light cascading from the tower windows even on the greyest of mornings. The blue sheets, and robes, and curtains were very calming.

"You know I find it very convenient Mulciber decided to pursue my dorm mate." She whispered in an amused expression.

"Is that so?" Abraxas replied, letting his fingers roam through her brown tresses. "Though you never quite explained how you convinced Esadora to leave for the night."

"She transfigured a room next door, completely magical, making our room for three into two."

"Well, I thank her intelligence." Abraxas added after contemplating the fact.

"Her intelligence?" She pondered

Abraxas laughed, kissing her temple. "Indeed."

The witch remained silent, and Abraxas turned onto his own side to look at her expression.

"What is it?" He whispered, brows pinching together as his eyes fell onto her freckled cheeks.

"Rumor has it you're betrothed. You and Esadora." She spoke.

He gave a small grin, letting his fingers run across the smoothness of her shoulder. "Yes, well. The rumors are true."

"Oh." Was her response.

"Augusta."

"Hmm?" She hummed letting out a small sigh.

"You're not jealous are you?"

She shook her head. "No I never asked for this to last." 

A knot tightened in his stomach. "Augusta. My parents decided my betrothal at birth."  He brought his lips to her ear. "And I never do anything my parents order me to do." 

She rolled over, and he grabbed her waist pulling her close to him. He kissed the back of her shoulder.

Silence.

"Augusta." 

"Yes Abraxas, I heard you."

He hugged her frame, burying his nose in her hair. This was one of those key moments where there was a choice to enjoy whatever moment in time that currently existed, or press further to save the future.
"What's wrong?"