13|Mysteries of December

December had rolled around, and anyone who stepped within five feet of Tom Riddle would receive a glare if lucky

      December had rolled around, and anyone who stepped within five feet of Tom Riddle would receive a glare if lucky. He was back to his old mood. Miserable.

There was one morning that was different from all others. Dippet rose to the podium in the Great Hall.

"Good Morning, yes. I have an announcement to make. As you all know, break for the holidays will arrive in a week. I am to remind you, to continue with your studies, but don't mind it any. In sight of your expected hard work this following week and obvious efforts throughout the year we have decided to put in place a reward."

Abraxas looked to Riddle, wondering what he knew. Wondering if himself had found the discarded fabric he had returned to the wastebin. Did he know Granger had bandaged his head? Did he know the dark kept secret of her identity? That Hermione Granger was from the future?

"The day before most of you leave for the break, we will be having a Winter Ball. Have a wonderful day."

The hall erupted in chatter and laughter, and Tom groaned.

During history of magic, Abraxas walked past Westbrook, instead sitting next to Riddle. She raised her eyebrows expectantly, no doubt judging their alliance.

"Riddle you should ask someone." Malfoy commented to him.

"I'm not going." He replied with the most disinterest.

"Oh come on. Look." He lifted his chin and then brought it back down to his chest, nodding to the right of them.

Tom followed his gaze to find a group of girls ogling at him. A few were winking, others blowing kisses. "So?" He asked Malfoy.

"Every girl in the school has wanted you since you were like thirteen."

"Thanks for reminding me."

"You have to take someone."

"No."

"It will help you get over—you know—she who must not be named."

He threw a deadly glare at the blonde. "She who must not be named?!"

"Granger."

"I said not to mention her!" He snarled.

"Hence the nickname."

The days flew by. Abraxas himself grew concerned as the winter holidays were approaching.

It was the evening beforehand. He had most of his things packed. Esadora Black would be accompanying him to his manor at least. But Abraxas couldn't leave now. Not when he knew there were secrets.