2|Underwater

When it came to Slytherins their cunning nature and ambition were designated to be true

When it came to Slytherins their cunning nature and ambition were designated to be true. Though with careful consideration, their attractiveness always seemed to be greater. It wasn't that a Slytherin was automatically more attractive, but if one accounted for the most desired specimens in the school at the moment, a Slytherin would surely be at top of the list. Riddle occupied one spot, though his anger and fury allowed no lust for the student to ever be achieved. Mulciber was always considered desirable. As for Abraxas, he was left ignorant to the many eyes that raked his body during classes, or as he strolled down the corridors.

He, stressed with his schoolwork with the self induced pressure to always achieve his best, enjoyed the occasional bath. It was a Thursday, completely mundane with little going on. As soon as he finished his History of Magic exam, he was eager to relax before attempting whatever assignments he had for the night. His feet carried his own, mind still pondering about if he selected the right year for which the goblin rebellions took place.

As he reached the prefects bath, the taps started pouring water and soaps with the flick of his wand. He inhaled the scents deeply, running a hand through his soft blonde hair. The room was warm, yet still goosebumps ran down his skin when his clothes were discarded. He lowered himself into the now scalding water, appreciative of the numbing sensation that he could sink into. Every muscle fiber was no longer tense.

Abraxas sucked in a breathe of air, then dove underwater. When he resurfaced, he let his feet connect with the bottom to fully stand, the water level only reaching his waist as he combed back his wet hair from his eyes.

"Oh-I didn't expect anyone to be in here."

The voice drew his eyes to snap open. On the opposite side of the room stood a girl frozen, with long soft brown hair. Abraxas said nothing as the girl, looked to her feet blushing. "The door was unlocked I-"

"Do not worry." He spoke. "I would have locked it was important. My mistake." He finally took in the features of the shocked girl, assessing by the least her name.

"Okay, well I'll just be going." she turned, seemingly eager to leave the uncomfortable situation.

"Augusta, wait." He spoke, not realizing himself why the girl would be afraid of himself standing naked in a bath. It did not register to him at the moment that he wasn't clothed. He simply forgot.

She lowered her hand that had already graced the door-handle. "You know my name?" Her tone was doubtful.

Abraxas grinned, letting out a natural scoff. "Yeah. We've gone to the same school for six years." He frowned when he noticed she was surprised he would recognize her. "You thought I wouldn't know who you are?" He voiced.

She sucked in her cheeks. "I mean no offense by it. But yes, I assumed you wouldn't notice me." Her eyes flicked to his chest, something he caught. "I really should go. I didn't mean to disturb-"