6| We Do Not Know The Answers

He dragged her through the corridors until they were on the front grounds, leading to the black lake

He dragged her through the corridors until they were on the front grounds, leading to the black lake.  At the edge stood a group of Slytherins and Tom. 

"You are late Malfoy!" Tom scorned as they reached the group. 

Abraxas met his gaze, pleading for Riddle to understand.
"I was recruiting a member." He motioned to Hermione

Tom frowned towards Abraxas. "I told you to come alone."

Hermione spoke up, causing his gaze to shift to her. "It wasn't his fault. I decided to come. I heard you were looking for something?....." she asked innocently, which made him give her a foreboding glare. 

Abraxas looked between the two, now staring down the other so viciously, he couldn't picture what had ever occurred between them to cause such resentment.

"Mind your own business Granger." Riddle warned, in a threatening tone. Abraxas glanced over to Druella, finding her lips curled in amusement.

"I am minding my business Riddle....only as much as you are."
She goaded loudly.

Riddle stepped forward, so that his words were only to be heard by her.

Mulciber pulled Abraxas over. "He is furious. Why did you bring her?"

Abraxas shrugged his shoulders, continuing to observe the pair from afar, and their hostility.

Before his conversation with Mulciber could even take place, Riddle had picked up Granger and threw her over his shoulder.

"No-Tom! Wait!....you don't have to throw me in-" She protested.

Abraxas focused on the small detail of her use of Riddle's first name. He was watching the pair intently. She met his eyes with a pleading look, and Abraxas held his hand to his chin, trying to restrain the desire to intervene. "Malfoy!-help me.--please!" She cried.

He gulped with an immense feeling of guilt. He knew this was not something he could challenge Riddle to. Within seconds she was thrown into the black lake, and then ironically Riddle was pulled in thus.

They both broke the surface of the cold water, and the group of Slytherins watched confused. Riddle appeared to be smiling. Whatever they were witnessing seemed dangerously out of character.

In one quick movement he pulled himself out of the water, running a hand through his wet hair.

"Riddle?" Abraxas asked, as to ask what they were to do now.