12|Found and Lost

Abraxas stirred, feeling a sharp pain in his back

Abraxas stirred, feeling a sharp pain in his back. He noticed opening his eyes the sight of stone floor. He tried to press himself upward to sit up but his left arm had fallen asleep.

The hospital doors had swung open, letting an enormous amount of sunlight into the corridor.

He watched as the figure walked past where he sat. She stopped, pivoting slowly around and looked down at him.

"Malfoy?"

He noticed the slight fear in her eyes, as if she was intent on keeping her whereabouts secret.

"Granger?" He retorted.

She crouched down, looking into his eyes. "Are you alright? You seem pale." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before moving a finger in front of his eyes to check his pupils.

He shifted groaning from the pins and needles in his arm. "It's my normal complexion I wouldn't worry about it." He answered, although was feeling faint.

"Look, Riddle cannot know I'm here."

He looked at her curiously, wondering what she was avoiding to say. "Alright. But why are you here? We all thought you left."

"I can't tell you. Look, I know Riddle has ways of getting things out of people. So I apologize—" She raised her wand, pointing it to his own forehead.

"Wait-" he gripped her forearm and she lowered her wand. "Are you okay?" 

"What?!" She asked confused, but in a low whisper.

"I don't need to know your business, but I do need to know you'll be okay. Tom can be very malicious. He isn't hurting you is he?"

"No. Of course not." She shook her head. "I can handle myself." 

"Well you can understand why I'm concerned. We all thought you were—"

"What?" She asked out of sheer curiosity.

"—well, dead." 

"Malfoy, I'm alive as you can see. Though would you mind?" She asked furrowing her eyebrows together apologetically.

"Alright."He nodded. "You are proficient at these?"

"Yes." She confirmed, and he was glad to see the concentration behind her eyes. "Obliviate" Brown irises with flecks of—

Abraxas stirred, feeling a sharp pain in his back. He noticed opening his eyes the sight of stone floor. He tried to press himself upward to sit up but his left arm had fallen asleep.

The hospital doors had swung open, letting an enormous amount of sunlight into the corridor.

"Here to see Riddle?" The mediwitch inquired.

He furrowed his brow in confusion, to what extent of firewhiskey alotted him to pass out cold on a corridor floor. "Yes?" He nodded, standing up.

He entered the wing to notice Riddle asleep on a cot, bandages wrapped carefully around his head. Strange it was to see him in a vulnerable state.