9|The Apology

Abraxas woke with a start, squinting his eyes to see the silhouette looming by his bed

Abraxas woke with a start, squinting his eyes to see the silhouette looming by his bed. "Salazar! Riddle, the rest of us are trying to sleep." His voice moaned in a groggy fashion. Abraxas then rolled over, burying his face into his pillow trying to fall quickly back into his dream. She had been in it. Though no matter how hard he squeezed his eyelids together, the figure of her, the soft dreamlike touch of her fingers was now a far distance away within his subconscious.

Abraxas turned over, regretfully now awake. His eyes caught Riddle as he slipped off his shoes, and was in the middle of unbuttoning his perfectly clean white button down. "What?" Riddle drawled.

"Where is it exactly you're coming from, that you return at bloody five in the morning?"

"It is only four." Tom replied.

For a second Abraxas's eyes found the definition of Riddle's abdomen, and suddenly felt the need to do some sit ups. This irritated him further. "Don't trouble yourself with a reply to my question."

"If you must know I was at headquarters."

Abraxas rolled his eyes. "You mean the ballroom. We are not running a company here. Just because our oh so secretive meetings of overthrowing Grindelwald are held in a deserted ballroom of the castle, does not make it important."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"I'm tired Riddle. I tend to show my anger at abhorrently and improperly named locations when I have no filter to do so otherwise."

"Would you like to use it?"

"What?" He furrowed his brows together.

"The ballroom. You can have it for a night."

"No." Abraxas wanted to punch his face in. The arrogance. He didn't dare ask, with whom Riddle had been with. That he had already a pretty accurate idea. "Besides, I have my other hiding places."

Abraxas chose to keep out the additional fact that he had no witch at current. Augusta although previously more than willing to snog him, suddenly found him immoral.

He combed a hand through his hair then turned over, trying to feign sleep once more. He could not.

"Where do you think you're going?" Tom asked in a demeaning yet shocked tone.

Abraxas had thrown on his traveling cloak over his trousers, grabbed his wand and looked to Riddle with slight irritation. "Out. I'm going out." After a cocky smirk was thrown at his superior, he strutted out of the room.

He pictured Riddle's face as he kept walking, proud to some degree of the hostile confrontation. Though it soon sunk in the fact that he had nowhere to be. He just needed to be somewhere within the night. He left the common room, that was completely empty. Or so he thought.