Chapter 15: Conflicting News

[f/n] inhales

[f/n] inhales.

In. Out. In. Out. In. Out.

Her hands trembles as she painstakingly moves her cursor to click on the "update" button. Holding her breath, she closes her eyes. Heart thudding in her chest, she peaks through one eye. What's the worse that could happen? They could only reject her. No worries. It's not like they were going to completely obliterate her and her loved ones.

Finger pressing down on the mouse, she then quickly clasps her hands together, mumbling her last plea to whatever higher being was out there. Calming down her racing heart, [f/n] opens her eyes.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Dear [l/n] [f/n],

Thank you so much for applying to Bunko University. We have received an overwhelming amount of applications this year and after careful consideration, we are unable to offer you acceptance. Your application was wonderful and we could see that you have accomplished many things. You have a bright and promising future ahead of you and we believe that you will be able to achieve great things. We wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

The Admission Office of Bunko University

»»-------------¤-------------««

Unable to offer you acceptance...

Unable to offer you...

Unable to offer...

Unable to...

Unable...

Her fingers trembles and her mind becomes fuzzy. Theres an overwhelming urge to scream and throw her laptop out the window. Her eyes are burning yet nothing comes out. Haggard breathing is all that fills the air. She collapses back against her chair.

A sudden burst of laughter escapes her mouth. Slapping a palm over her mouth, [f/n] had a mortified expression on her face. She couldn't fathom what she was feeling or doing right now. She should be devastated, drowning in her pool of tears. She should definitely not be chortling behind the back of her hand right now with a manic grin on her face. Giggles filled the room and [f/n] was soon wildly laughing as she clutches her stomach. Bending over, she feels something wet slide down her face.

Her door bursts opens and she whips her head around, eyes staring wide at Suna who stood in her doorway.

"[f/n], are you alr-" Suna asks, his voice cutting off as he takes in her disheveled hair and wet face. His face softens and he quietly shuts her door. He approaches her and gently kneels before [f/n].

"You wanna talk about it?" Suna whispers.

He wasn't use to being the one to do the comforting. He was used to cracking jokes and teasing [f/n] to get her to be happy. [f/n] had always been independent and overly-confident in herself thus she wasn't use to leaning on others when things didn't go as planned. Bottling up emotions and keeping to herself was who she was. Plastering a plastic smile and falling into a cheerful character was who she was. Suna was more used to [f/n] being the comforting one between the two of them. But that didn't mean that she wouldn't need his comfort sometime too. It was time for him to lend her a shoulder now after dampening her shoulder with so many tears all these years. It was the least he could do for her.