Chapter 5: Preparation

It was Monday and [f/n] only had a couple of days left to organize the school festival

It was Monday and [f/n] only had a couple of days left to organize the school festival. She and her fellow student council members had already divided the work among themselves and now all they had to do was review the paperwork and set up their activity.

[f/n] had gotten to school quite early for the volleyball team had began their morning practices and she always walked with Suna to school thus resulting in her waking up early to walk with Suna.

"So what's the volleyball gonna be doing for the school festival?" [f/n] asks.

"Uhhh...I think we're doing a cafe or something selling food. I think I was zoning out when we were going over it," Suna says after pondering about it.

"Hahahah, why am I not surprise by that," [f/n] says giggling.

"What is the student council gonna do?" Suna asks.

"We're gonna do a photo booth. Nakayama rented us one and people just have to pay for some pictures. We charge more if they want to take a picture with a student council member."

"Wow, I see. Capitalizing on the popularity of your members. Way to go President."

"Hey, this is about making profit and who doesn't like money?"

"Tsk, tsk. Now we all know what kind of person our student council president is." Suna dramatically gasps and holds a hand to his mouth.

"Speak for yourself. As if the Miya brothers' popularity isn't going to garner the volleyball team a lot of profit too," [f/n] retorts rolling her eyes. She playfully shoves Suna causing to stumble to the side a little. He turns his head to look at her and [f/n], noticing the gleam in his eyes, makes a dash for it. She can hear the pounding of Suna's footsteps behind her and she laughs, running even faster. Continuing to run, she glances over her shoulder to see Suna not too far behind her.

BAAM.

"Woah!" She collides into someone and she feels herself falling backwards. She shuts her eyes, bracing for impact with the floor but she doesn't feel anything. She blinks her eyes rapidly and peers up at a pair of dark amber eyes. Kita Shinsuke has an arm hooked around her waist to prevent her from falling and [f/n] is tightly gripping onto his shoulders in fear. What k-drama did this scene pop out of? Suna who had been chasing [f/n] was about to warn her that she was about to collide with someone but his voice didn't reach her in time. He stares at his upperclassman who is holding [f/n] in his arms and for some reason a burning sensation flares up in his chest. What is this? Ugh, so uncomfortable. He's not sure what this feeling is but he does not like it one bit. As much as he fears and respects Kita, he's quite tempted to yank [f/n] out Kita's hold. Fortunately for him, he doesn't need to do that for [f/n] had taken a step out of Kita's hold.

"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry Kita-san. It's my fault for not paying attention to my surroundings. I'll be more careful next time," [f/n] exclaims, face burning with embarassment. She bows towards Kita.