Chapter 16: It's Called Procrastinating

[f/n] enters her room again as she uses a warm fluffy towel to dry her wet hair. Yawning, she caught sight of a familiar lump under the covers on her bed. Quietly walking over to her bed, she yanked the blankets off. Suna loudly groans before rolling over to face her. Squinting open one eye, he tugs the sheets back before snuggling comfortably back under them.

"Stealing all my blankets again huh Rin?" [f/n] teasingly asks. Setting her towel down on her chair, she crawls onto her bed. Sticking her feet under the covers, she presses her cold icy feet against Suna's warm torso. Suna flinches and attempts to shuffle away from her but she was persistent with using him as a furnace for her chilly feet. Giving up, Suna decides to resign himself to his doomed fate. Giggling, [f/n] granted Suna mercy and snuggles under the blankets, throwing a leg over his hip.

Rolling around, Suna faces [f/n]. Eyes tracing the slope of her nose, he reaches out. [f/n] widely grinned at him, cheeks flushed. Suddenly, he flicks her forehead, sending a jolt of pain throughout her.
"Rin!" she yelp, pushing him away. Lips formed into a pout, she rolls away from him.

"I was just simply sending back an equivalent of the surprise you gave me earlier," Suna states. He unlocks his phone and scrolls aimlessly through social media.

"Mhmmm," [f/n] mumbles. Tossing and turning, her stomach churns. Suna grunts and gives her a slight kick under the blankets.
"Stop squirming so much. What's bothering you?" Suna bluntly asks. He blinks slowly at her with a catlike gaze.

Her breath softly hitches but she quickly forced a grin onto her face. Letting out a laugh, she shakes her head. "Nothing. I'm just tired."

Amber eyes narrows in suspicion at her but Suna doesn't say anything more. Reaching over, he pulls the covers up to her chin. Propping himself up on an elbow, he pats her gently. Raising an eyebrow at him, [f/n] opens her mouth to ask him what he was doing but Suna sends her a rather stern look.
"If you're tired, go to sleep."
Her eyes widen slightly in surprise at Suna's demanding words. It was rather rare for him to be so commanding. It was mainly her who did the ordering around.
"It's fine, I don't feel that tired Rin." she protested pushing his hand off of her put Suna persisted.
"Just go to sleep. The eyebags that you have right now is unsightly," Suna bluntly yawns.
"I-I-" [f/n] splutters. "So rude! You can't tell a lady that."
"Sleep."

Heavily sighing, [f/n] gives in. Closing her eyes, she rolls over to her side. Her chest constricts and she feels rather nauseous. She wracks her brain for how to tell Suna about her acceptance to NYU. She was more sure that he would be happy for her but further deep down, he would be hurt by her decision to move so far from here. Being inseparable since they were children, [f/n] wasn't sure how Suna would fare without her being by his side. Her chest tightens once again and she finds it hard to breath.
She didn't want him to be in pain or sad because of her. [f/n] loves him too much to put him through something like that.
But if he loves her as much as she loves him, wouldn't he wish the same for her?
Suddenly she felt a warmth press against her backside. Soft breathing tickles the side of her neck. Suna's arms tightens around her waist and he snuggles himself firmly against her neck, his nose brushing her shoulder blade. The steady rising and falling of his chest against her back signals to [f/n] that he had already fallen asleep.
Quietly shifting around, [f/n] adjusts Suna's head so that it rests underneath her chin. Holding him in her arms, she buries her face into his soft hair, the scent of lemons invading her senses. Pressing her cheek against his head, she decides that she'll hold off on the news for a little bit more until she felt confident about telling it to him.

It'll be alright. There was no rush.

☾☼☽

She lied. It was a week passed now and she still hasn't figured out a way to tell Suna. Slumping over her desk, she groans.
Around her, Akagi, Omimi, and Kita glanced at each other. Akagi leans over the table to nudge Kita. Akagi tilts his head nervously at the still body of [f/n].
Turning back around in his seat, Kita places a hand on top of [f/n]'s head. Awkwardly patting her head, Kita says, "Would you like something to drink?"
Glancing up [f/n] gave a him a slight nod. She then plops her head back down with a dull thud. Taking it as a sign for Kita and [f/n] to talk alone, Akagi and Omimi gets up from their seats.
"I'll buy us some drinks! We'll be back in a bit," Akagi cheerfully informs before exiting the classroom with Omimi.
After seeing them leave, Kita turns back to [f/n]. "Do you want to get it off your chest?" Kita asks, continuing to brush back [f/n]'s hair.

Sitting back up, [f/n] stares at Kita with watering eyes. "Shin-shinsuke, I..." she hiccups, "I'm a horrible person!"
Panicking, Kita rushes to pat [f/n]'s back. "{f/n]-san, what's wrong? Please don't cry," he pleads.

"It's about my college acceptances," [f/n] mutters, wiping a sleeve across her eyes.

"Hm...what about them is bothering you? Is there anything I can do to help you?" Kita softly says. Eyes full of worry, he continues to soothingly patting her back.
"It's going to sound incredibly stupid but I got accepted to a university in the USA but I have no clue how to tell Rintarou this," [f/n] reluctantly admits.
Closing his eyes, Kita hums. "It is best to be upfront and honest with him [f/n]-san. It wouldn't do the both of you any good if you continue to hide this. Both of you are mature enough to communicate with each other."
Startled at Kita's blunt words, [f/n] blinks her eyes. She couldn't help but think how cowardly and idiotic she was being right now. Raising both hands, she slaps her cheeks. The stinging pain made her grimace but she grins through it.
Bewildered, Kita gawks at [f/n] with wide eyes. His warm coffee eyes darts to her glowing tomato colored cheeks.
Her chair scrapes loudly against the floor as she stands up and places a foot onto the table. "I will be telling Rin of the great news today after school! I will stop procrastinating and face the issue face on."
Clapping his hands, Kita gingerly smiles at her. "Fighting [f/n]-san."
Grinning, [f/n] moves to tightly embrace KIta. "Thanks Shinsuke. You always have the best advice to give to others."

"You're welcome. I'm glad," Kita whispers, tenderly returning her hug.
The door of the classroom slides open and Akagi brightly laughs seeing how [f/n] no longer has such a depressing aura surrounding her.
"The darkness around [f/n]-chan has been purged! Cheers to Kita-san and [f/n]-chan!" Akagi whoops placing down cold drinks for them.
Giggling at Akagi, [f/n] glances out the window with a newfound determination.

☾☼☽

"Back already Suna?" Atsumu asks when he sees Suna coming back into the classroom. "I thought that you would be spending the whole lunch time with your beloved [f/n]-chan," Atsumu teases.

Suna ignores Atsumu and wordlessly sinks into his seat. [f/n]'s words echoes in his head, ringing repeatedly in his mind.
"I got accepted to a university in the USA but I have no clue how to tell Rintarou this."
Blanking staring at nothing, Suna replays her words. A uncomfortable burning sensation was churning in his chest. How long has she had received the acceptance and did she not trust him enough to tell him right away. His heart felt heavy.

Did you not trust me?

After hearing [f/n] break the news to Kita, Suna had left her classroom in a hurry. All he wanted was to be someone who [f/n] can always confide in and trust. He wanted to be an unshaking pillar that she can always lean on without having to worry about anything. Was it too much to ask for that?

Why did she run to others first and ask for their help?

First Fujii and now Kita. Was he enough for her? Why did she worry so much about him? She should also trust in him and know that no matter what, Suna will always support her happiness. Burying his face into his hands, he shakily inhales.

Maybe...maybe this was a sign that their relationship wasn't meant to last. Lacking trust in both sides, the two did not have mutual confidence in each other. Suna wonders if [f/n] would feel less burdened if she wasn't with him.

The last thing he would ever want to do was to be a burden to [f/n].