Chapter 11: Surprise

"Where are we going?" [f/n] asks as she and Suna wonder around the streets of Tokyo

"There's this udon place that I found online. We could go try it out," Suna says.

"Sounds good to me." [f/n] allows Suna to lead the way, her gaze happily inspecting the surroundings. There's a little hop in her steps which clearly revealed her giddiness and excitement.

Suna however wasn't feeling too excited. Rather he felt rather nauseous. Confessions aren't easy and Suna could feel the nerves getting to him. He hasn't felt this nervous since...ever. Suna was the kind of person who didn't even get nervous when presenting in front of the class and that's saying a lot. So why was confessing so nerve wracking. Why did his heart feel like it was about to jump of his chest? Why did he feel like keeling over and hurling? Why did he does he feel lightheaded? What was this tingling sensation in his chest? Anxiously, he rubs his chest, willing this feeling of uneasiness to go away. Taking in a deep breath, he mentally prepares himself for what is to come.

☾☼☽

"That was so good!" [f/n] exclaims as they exit the restaurant.

"Mhm," Suna replies. He looks at [f/n]'s glowing face and he can't help but soften a little at the sight of her smile.

"Rin, let's go to that street with all the food vendors. We could get so many desserts there!" [f/n] says, jumping up and down. She tugs his arm and looks him pleadingly like a little puppy.

Suna simply nods his head, allowing [f/n] to drag him to the street vendors. It was pretty crowded with people getting off from work and with kids grabbing a quick snack. [f/n] pulls Suna over to a vendor and she orders some desserts.

"Here, have some dango," [f/n] says, shoving the dango stick into Suna's mouth. Suna makes a muffled noise of annoyance and surprise at [f/n]. [f/n] ignoring Suna, eats her dango and starts walking to another vendor. Suna takes the dango out of his mouth and sighs, trailing after her while chewing on the sweet treat. [f/n] had already finished her dango and she had just bought two daifuku. She hands one to Suna while she takes a bite out of the other one.
"Hmmmmm, the red bean paste and strawberry is so good," [y/n] says, a look of pure bliss on her face. Suna rolls his eyes at [f/n]'s childish actions and reaches out to wipe the powder off the corner of her mouth. [f/n] happily grins at him and finished off her daifuku. Without a second's hesitation, she shoots off to another vendor, her money pouch ready to pay for whatever food she wanted to buy. She returns to Suna with 2 dorayakis in her hands. She hands it to him and she disappears into the crowd again to buy more desserts. Suna tiredly sighs and settles down on a nearby bench. He sits the food down next to him and finished off his dango. He moves onto the daifuku next and halfway through eating it, [f/n] returns with two trays of kuzumochi and a plastic bag on one of her arms.

"Hey Rin! Sorry for taking off like that. I got us some kuzumochi and melonpan," [f/n] says as she sits down next to Suna.

"What kind of sweet tooth do you have?" Suna asks, shaking his head at [f/n].
"All my teeth are sweet tooth," [f/n] replies as she scoops a piece of the kuzumochi into her mouth. She happily sighs as she chews it. Suna finished off the daikfuku and bites into the dorayaki. Honestly, he was pretty full by this point but [f/n] had already bought the food so there's no going back now. He sweat drops at the speed that [f/n] was inhaling the food at this point.