STOP ASIAN HATE

Atlanta spa shootings: Who are the victims?

22 march

Officials and local media in the US state of Georgia have identified the eight people who were killed on Tuesday night inside spas in the Atlanta area

Here's what we know about the victims.

Delaina Ashley Yaun, 33

Ms Yaun and her husband had gone to Young's Asian Massage for a couples massage, according to an online fundraiser set up for the family's funeral costs.
Her husband, Mario Gonzalez, was in another room during the attack and hid from the gunman. The couple had been married less than a year. They have two children - a teenage son and an 8-month-old baby girl.
"What am I going to do?" Mr Gonzalez told Spanish-language news site MundoHispanico. "That murderer only left me pain."
A friend of Ms Yaun's told WXIA-TV that she was a friendly person "who seemed to have a light around her that just drew you in"

Xiaojie Tan, 49

Xiaojie Tan owned two businesses, including Young's Asian Spa where the first shooting occurred, according to city business records.
She is also listed as the business owner for Wang's Feet and Body Massage in Kennesaw, Georgia.
According to NBC News, she was also a licensed massage therapist.
She was born in Nanning, on the China-Vietnam border, and met her husband Michael Webb when he travelled there for work in the early 2000s, her family told USA Today.
"She was full of smiles and laughter. She was just a pleasure to be around," said Mr Webb, who brought his wife to the US in 2006 and legally adopted her daughter Jami. The couple split up in 2012 but remained close.
When she died, Ms Tan was one day shy of her 50th birthday.

Daoyou Feng, 44

Little is known about Ms Feng, who only started working for Ms Tan at Young's Massage in the past few months, a customer told the New York Times.
However, no address is known for Ms Feng. Her surname appears to be Chinese, but information about her has yet to be confirmed by officials.
A friend of Ms Tan described Ms Feng as kind and quiet in an interview with the Washington Post.

Paul Andre Michels, 54

Kikiana Whidby told CBS News that Mr Michels was godfather to her son. "I'm mad, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy," she told the station.
She said that Mr Michels had been out of work for some time, and had been doing maintenance work for Young's Asian Spa when the shooting occurred.
He built his last shelf there on Tuesday, the day of the shooting, she said.
Mr Michels grew up in Detroit with nine siblings. He moved to Atlanta with his wife, Bonnie, 26 years ago.
One brother, John Michels, told the Daily Beast that Mr Michels had been considering getting in to the massage business himself and was looking at opening a business of his own.
He added that his brother had served in the military from 1985 to 1989, and was a gun owner, a Catholic and "staunch Republican".