HUMANITY FOR ALL

ANIMALS

END ANIMAL CRUELTY!

Puppy Mills 101

Countless dogs are bred for profit and kept in cruel conditions just to keep the puppy industry in business. Learn how this shadowy industry works and how it hurts dogs
ALL DOGS DESERVE THE GOOD LIFE!
ALL ANIMALS DESERVE TO FEEL SAFE JUST AS MUCH AS HUMANS!

go to hsi.org !!!!!!!!

YOU CAN HELP!

- Ban the shooting of badgers immediately.

- Urge the government to introduce a bill to ban cosmetic animal testing.

- Tell government leaders to oppose cruel ag-gag laws.

- End wildlife killing contests in British Columbia.

- End the wolf cull in British Columbia:
Caribou are struggling as a result of habitat loss due to industrial development authorized by the BC government, not due to predation by wolves. Live in Canada? Call to end the cruel and needless BC wolf cull!

Ask UK Government to release results of trophy hunting consultation

The UK Government have still not released the results of the trophy hunting consultation which closed in February. Sign our petition now calling on the UK Government to release the results and bring forward a ban.

3 WAYS TO BE AN INTERSECTIONAL FEMINIST ALLY

Through our partnership model of working with existing women's rights organisations across the Asia Pacific region, we make it a priority to build and contribute to an inclusive feminist movement. A big part of that means always approaching our work with an intersectional lens, and we continue to learn so much from the amazing people we work with on what it means to be an ally.

Previously, we spoke a bit about the history of intersectional feminism, and what it means to us. Intersectionality can seem complicated, but it's really just about acknowledging that women can face different types of oppression.

This doesn't mean one person's feminism is more important than the other. It doesn't take away from any of their experiences. It's just means approaching women's rights issues from a position that takes into account all women, in all their diversities. Here are a few ways you can try to be a supportive, inclusive and intersectional feminist ally.

KNOW YOUR PRIVILEGE

The barriers faced by a middle class woman living in Melbourne are not the same as those of a queer woman living in rural Fiji.  Women aren't just exposed to sexism – racism, ableism, ageism, homophobia, transphobia, and religious persecution are intrinsically linked to how diverse women experience inequality.

As a feminist movement, we need to advocate for the equality of all women – not just those who experience the same barriers as we do.

To begin to understand the additional degrees of difficulty some women live with, it's important to look at your own privilege. This can feel like a personal attack, but it isn't. It's about noting that your personal history may mean that in some way, you've been spared the oppression another woman may have experienced.

You may not know what it's like to live as a person with a disability, or have never had to deal with racism. But a woman who has may not have experienced discrimination that you have, like homophobia. Checking your privilege isn't about creating a sliding scale of who's worse off – it's about learning and understanding the views of other feminists, and remembering that we're all in this together. True equality leaves no one behind.