COVID-19

DO NOT SKIP UR SECOND COVID SHOT!

Why so many people are skipping their second Covid shot — and why they shouldn'tBy Theresa Waldrop, CNN

By Theresa Waldrop, CNN

Updated 10:09 AM ET, Sun May 2, 2021

When the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recently reported that almost 8% of the millions who have received the first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine hadn't returned to get the second shot they need, it raised concerns that the country might not be able reach herd immunity.

But health experts say what's most surprising is how low that number is, and that it points to the need to inform people about the importance of that second shot for their own protection and that of others in a pandemic -- and to let them know that it's not too late to get it.
Two of the vaccines in use in the United States -— the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines — require that people get a second dose to get the maximum protection the vaccines can provide.
It's not unusual for people to forgo a required second shot of a vaccine, health experts say. The skip rate for the second shot of the vaccine that prevents shingles, for example, was about 26% among Medicare beneficiaries, according to a Kaiser Family Foundation analysis.

with the mask mandates lifting through the united states, some states will not be lifting them. if your state lifts it i encourage everyone to continue wearing a mask until at least the end of 2021.

my states current law / current covid restrictions: (look up on the CDC site for info on your state or country!)

What Does a Multi-Dose Series Mean for the COVID-19 Vaccination Effort? Introduction
There are currently two COVID-19 vaccines authorized for use in the United States, both of which require a two-dose series (see Table 1). As efforts to promote equitable and rapid distribution and uptake of the vaccine in the U.S. intensify, one key challenge is ensuring people get both the first and second dose. In fact, in the COVID-19 vaccine playbook provided to states by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the issue of second dose reminders was identified as a key area to be addressed. In the context of routine immunization, multi-dose vaccine series are relatively common, but have also presented challenges for ensuring vaccine series completion where in many cases, there is a drop-off in uptake between the first and subsequent doses. Additionally, as COVID-19 vaccines have rolled out, there have been discussions about the appropriateness of flexibility in dosing schedules to accelerate first doses for more people; there is also a likelihood that a third vaccine from Johnson & Johnson, that uses only one dose, could be authorized soon. This issue brief examines key issues related to multi-dose vaccination series generally as well as issues specific to COVID-19. How common are multi-dose vaccines?
Multi-dose vaccinations are very common. In fact, nearly all vaccines recommended for children and adolescents and many adult vaccinations, require a series of more than one dose (Table 2).