Uyghur Muslim Concentration Camps

Stand With Uyghurs

Jewlan sings "Happy Birthday to You" to his mother, Suriye Tursun, at a public rally. Suriye has been missing since 2018, and has allegedly been sentenced for "assisting in terrorist activities".
There has been an increasing amount of disinformation and deniers about the validity of this issue. Here are testimonies of victims' families compiled by Uyghur Pulse. Take notice of disinformation and keep pushing to close the camps

Who are Uyghurs?
The Terminology Normalisation Committee for Ethnic Languages of the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region recommends that the spelling Uyghur, corresponding to the pronunciation [ujγur], be used as the English transcription of the word. (source)
Uyghurs are ethnically and culturally Turkic people living in the areas of Central Asia commonly known as East Turkistan. The Uyghurs have a rich cultural history going back almost 4,000 years.
Before embracing Islam in tenth century, Uyghurs believed in Buddhism, Manichaeism and Nestorian Christianity. Today, Uyghurs practice a moderate form of Sufi Islam and lead predominantly secular lives.
With only a few extremely rare exceptions, Uyghurs continue to be the only population in China consistently subjected to executions for political and religious offenses.

12 Muqam a national oral epic of Uyghurs.
Sanam a popular folk dance of Uyghurs.
A video showing Uyghur cuisine.
Uyghur poetry

Genocide of Uyghurs

Uyghurs concentrated into state-sponsored concentration camps (advertised to the global public as 're-education camps') are one of the many ways Xinjiang China tries to eradicate Uyghurs.
In 2018, a United Nations human rights panel said that it had received many credible reports that 1 million ethnic Uyghurs in China have been held in these so-called "re-education camps". Many reports cite up to three million Muslims are held in 500 different concentration camps. (source).
China is also destroying Uyghur burial grounds, effectively trying to fully eradicate Uyghur's ethnic identity and ancestry in Xinjiang. (source)
Xinjiang government is also destroying cultural sites in Kashgar's Old City, a site that holds numerous historical touchstones and cultural significance to Uyghur Muslims. (source 1) (source 2)

UHRP also reported many Uyghur academics and religious figures detained and missing. (source)
Professor Ilham Toti arrested in January 2014
Professor Rahile Dawut, ethnographer and Uyghur folklore expert detained since Dec 2017.
Translator and poet Abduqader Jüme
Uyghur Imam Abduheber Ahmet jailed in 2018 for 5 years
Former Editor in Chief of the Xinjiang Cultural Journal and prominent journalist Qurban Mamut detained
Uyghur rapper Ablajan Awut Ayup detained and sent to concentration camp
Photographer Lu Guang arrested in China on November 2018
Poet, writer and screenwriter Perhat Tursun
Xinjiang University president Tashpolat Teyib
Academic translators Abdulqadir Jalaleddin and Muhammad Salih Hajim (who died in custody in early 2018)

Extensive bibliography compiled by Professor Magnus Fiskesjö nf42@cornell.edu

#HearUyghurs
this is to direct attention to victim testimonies and news. updates will go first.

Hear what they have to say: 'One story at a time'
SCMP: Beijing 2022: 'China will seriously sanction' any country that boycotts Winter Olympics, says state-backed media chief - (Keep pushing on #NoRightsNoGames2022)
NYTimes: 'Absolutely No Mercy' Leaked Files Expose How China Organised Mass Detentions of Muslims
Medium: List of Re-education Camps in Xinjiang 新疆再教育集中营列表
Why do Muslim countries stay silent on the Uyghur genocide? - An article by @FreeUyghurNow
"The Government Never Oppresses Us": China's proof-of-life videos as intimidation and a violation of Uyghur family unity.
Disinformation, Propaganda and The Uyghur Crisis: The Chinese government's attempts to craft and promote a false narrative, in respond to international criticism of its large-scale detention of Uyghurs and other Turkic people.
The fight is far from over: A recent investigation uncovers over 5 million blanked out spots in Baidu Maps which reveal 428 locations in Xinjiang bearing hallmarks of newly built concentration camps.
Disguised as a bogus 'poverty alleviation' scheme, an ethnic Han manager at a garment factory in Xinjiang discloses disturbing details of local Uyghurs' abuse.
New evidence indicates that 'graduating' detainees from Xinjiang's 're-education camps' have been sent directly to factories to work in other parts of China. - Demand action for brands to stop the exploit of Uyghurs.
Uyghur exile in Turkey describes cruelty of Chinese camps
NYTimes: Inside China's Push to Turn Muslim Minorities Into an Army of Workers
Uyghur genocide is a physical genocide.
What has happened to me: a testimony of an Uyghur woman
Forced to teach in Uyghur concentration camp: Sayragul Sauytbay says that she was made to work as a teacher in a detention camp holding Uyghur Muslims. - Audio Interview with the BBC.
A report by BMC Medical Ethics revealed Uyghur detainees being used for organs harvesting by falsifying organ donation data. (source). A lawyer representing The China Tribunal addressed the UN council with proof of organ harvesting (source).
Hair products such as wigs are allegedly made of Uyghur detainees hair (source)
Uyghur women are forced to marry and sleep with Han Chinese men to remove them out of Islam. Many detainees are subject to pack r*pe. (source).
Inmates were sometimes forced to eat pork, forbidden in Islam, as punishment (Source 1, 2)

SPEAK UP FOR THE UYGHURS
the uyghurs are a muslim majority, turkic speaking minority group. a large majority of uyghurs are based in xinjang, china where they are being persecuted. this carrd was made to try and help raise awareness for what is going on and collate information. if you notice any helpful information that isn't on here please tag it under '#uyghurcard' and i will add it.

i want to know more

Ummah Welfare Trust
Uighur Muslims Forgotten
In China today, up to 3 million Uighur Muslims have been detained in a network of concentration camps. Dispersed across the country, men are tortured in these camps, children are separated from parents, women are raped and slavery is enforced.

Outside of the camps, in the Uighurs' homeland of East Turkestan, Islam has been completely banned. The Qur'an and fasting are outlawed, Islamic dress is disallowed and ancient masjids have either been bulldozed or turned into bars.

In response to what is undoubtedly the biggest ethnic cleansing campaign since WW2, the world, and in particular the Muslim Ummah, is silent. Allah forgive us.

For the fortunate few who have fled the genocide of their homeland, notably to Turkey, Ummah Welfare Trust is beginning a new programme to help them start again. You can donate your Zakat, Sadaqah and Lillah to help Uighur refugees in Turkey with financial and household aid.

Let us make the most of these opportunities to do good by donating for this new appeal. Let us strive to help our Uighur brothers and sisters today.