Ch. 8

"Green eyes?" I questioned. Trying to think of people with green eyes that would know both Niall and I.

The blonde boy. Niall. Chuckled to himself before responding. "Yes, green eyes." He looked as if he was in deep thought before looking at me and saying with a frown "you know. He isn't wrong. Your quite pretty, but just know. I'm truly sorry." He said almost as if he felt bad for me.

Looking up at him with confusion I had to ask "sorry? What are you sorry for? My car? Because it's..."

Niall quickly cut me off saying "no. Not your car. Even though I will pay to fix all damage done to it." He spoke quickly while looking intently at me. His eyes flickered from the door on the other side of the room before resting on me once again. "No. I'm sorry that your involved with all of this. You don't deserve it. If he'd just talk to you you'd realize he's not all that bad, but just don't judge him on how he acts at first or what he does. He's kind of a closed person. He just wants to keep you safe." Niall spoke to me softly before patting my hand.

"Niall, I'm not. I don't. I mean. I don't know who your talking about. I don't need to be protected. I'm perfectly fine." I spoke trying to sound confident even though I was shaking in my seat.

"Libby, you don't understand. He's involved with some people who want to get back at him, but he doesn't have a weakness. Like I said he's closed off. He doesn't want them to hurt you. He's protecting you from shit that he did that could come around to hurt you. Your his weakness." He whispered the last part. I could tell he was getting tired.

Standing up to gather my things i started talking in a rushed voice "Niall, it was... Nice. Meeting you, but I think I'm going to go home. I don't know who your talking about, and I certainly don't need his protection if he's going to break into my house and break my friends car and just." I rushed before sighing frustratedly.

"Holy shit. He broke into your house?" Niall whisper shouted.

I shot him a pointed look starting to get annoyed with the whole situation. "Yes. It sounds like I don't need protection from whoever is angry with him. I need protection from him." I spoke standing still. I was hot with anger thinking about how some man had broken into my house, broken my friends car, gotten my number, and followed me! How dare he! I don't even know who this man is yet he knows everything about me.

Niall sat up quickly rushing out "no! You can't leave! Just. Just stay here tonight so we know your safe." Seeing the look on my face he added "please. It's not only him keeping you safe. It's me too, and not to mention the Australian mafia." He said matter-of-factly.

I looked at him shocked "what do you mean. The Australian mafia?" I asked

"You shouldn't know any of this. I could lose my job for this or worse. But you deserve to know what your dealing with. I'm in the Australian mafia.. 'His' dad was the leader along with his best friend. Both of them passed away, so now Harry is technically the leader. So when he instructed us to make sure nothing happened to you we jumped into action. You can't even trip on the sidewalk without one of us getting bitched at. So just. Please. Stay here tonight so I can make sure you are safe." He pleaded with me.

Sighing I responded with "how do I even know I can trust you?"

"I just told you everything about myself!" He spoke his voice getting louder

"No. You told me everything about your job. Which may or may not be true. I thought you all would be sworn to secrecy?" I remarked raising my eyebrows.

"We are, but I couldn't keep you in the dark about something your already involved with. It's not right." He sighed then added "I guess your right. Well. My names Niall Horan. I'm 20. I love the color blue. I've lived in Australia ever since I was 3 when my parents moved here from Ireland. I have two siblings. A little sister grace and an older brother Christian. You know. Grace is about your age. She's 18." He smiled after he finished

"Really? Id love to meet her. I'll be 18 Wednesday." I smiled widely. I had completely forgotten my birthday was so soon!

"Really? I'll make sure to stop by and bring you a gift or something." Niall said to me smiling.

Niall and I talked late into the night. It was around 5 am when we both decided to call it a night. I ended up sleeping on the couch under the window that was next to his bed while he of course slept on the hospital bed. I like Niall. He's a.. Good guy.