chapter 10.

"Harry Styles?" i asked Ashton

"yes, Harry Styles. hes been a member of the Australian mafia since he was 15. his dad Christian was in the mafia also but passed away 2 years back. no one knows what happened to Harrys mom.. he wont talk about her, and the first time someone asked.. it was the last thing to ever leave their mouth again... Ha-"

"he killed them?!" i yelled in the small space making Ashton groan and tell me to quiet down because he was right next to me.

"yeah.." he carefully replied then added on to that "what did you think the mafia did? all the people that we have killed. it was for a reason."

i gasped "it doesn't bother you the slightest bit that you have someone elses blood on your hands? or, what if they have a family! do you not think how it could mess up their family?! what if the person you kill has a daughter?! or a little sister? or a son or brother?! your ruining families!" i yelled, now filled with rage and a new hatred for the man in the car with me and all the people he knows.

Ashton was gripping the steering wheel so tight his knuckles were white. he spoke to me in a growl "of course i think about their families. i hate that the mans wife is probably at home distraught because he didn't return home or that his kids have no idea why their dad wasn't there to tell them goodnight. i hate that i have to take away someones family! but at the end of the day. its either kill or be killed when you live the life we do." Ashton said the last part in almost a whisper.

i was already crying. i was trying to keep the flashbacks away but they were already coming in full force.

*flashback*

*knock, knock*

"Kane! open up! i don't want to have to break the door down! i know your families home! we dont want to make a scene! just come on outside so we can have a talk"

"Chris, i told you im done with this! im out! I have a family! i cant keep putting myself in danger!" my father yelled to the man outside the door while pushing me into the closet and handing me a handgun and a black duffel bag filled with unknown items then telling me to use the gun if someone finds me. i nodded trying to listen to the man outside when he replied.

"Kane you know its not that easy! we cant just let you go! we cant risk anything getting out about any of the boys! there's only one way out of this! you know that!" as i heard the man finish talking the front door was busted down and i knew the men were inside. i had no idea where my mom or dad were i just knew i wasnt allowed to eave the closet until my mom or dad came to get me. as i held the gun aimed at the door the man started talking again "Kane if you dont come out where i can see you im going to have to go find you wife and daughter instead. you wouldnt want that would you? your wifes quite a looker aint she?!" i knew he was trying to get a rise out of my dad and i also knew he would. i knew my mom and i were a sensitive subject as did the men he worked with. everyone knew not to bring his family into his job because his family meant to much to put at risk. as soon as he heard the mans statement about my mom and i, my dad emerged from the shadows with a stone look on his face saying

"Chris, dont bring my family into this. i dont bring my work home and you wont bring my work home either. we can settle this another time but for now you need to leave." our closet door was broken so it didnt close all the way meaning i had a perfect view of my dad and he of me. as soon as i heard the sound of a gun being loaded he yelled without looking at me so the man didnt know where i was

"close your eyes Libby! daddy loves you sweetheart! i love you Rachel! forever and always!" as he said those last words the man, Chris, looked at my dad and said

"im so sorry Kane. i love you man. your family is under strict mafia protection. forever" Chris sounded sincere but i knew by the look on my dads face that he was just hoping that i was looking away. before i could force myself to look away from the man who raised me i heard the bang of the gun. when my dad hit the floor he looked at me with a tear running down his face and mouthed im sorry before i looked away as Chris shot him again finalizing my fathers death. after hearing Chris leave the house i stayed in the closet until the cops got there.

my family was broken.

my mom met someone new, but the sparkle in her eyes that she had with my dad wasnt there. the joyful laughter and singing that filled our once beautiful home was now gone. no one brought up my dad, but no one took down any of his pictures either. it was an unspoken agreement between my mom and her new husband, James, that none of my fathers pictures were to be taken down or touched at all. everyone knew my mom would never fully get over or move on from my dad but its nice to see james making her smile. its painful to try and forget the memories, but even more painful to remember the memories.

but everything thats broken can be fixed with time.

*present time*

finally the flashback went away and realization hit me like a truck "Ashton? what did you say his dads name was?" i asked through my sobs. Ashton looked at me confused since he clearly thought i was crying because i was thinking of people they killed and that was true but this person was different.

"um. Christian Styles. went by Chris. Are you okay?"

after he finished i choked on the breath i took in. it couldnt be the same Chris, but how many chris's are there in the Australian mafia? after i came to this realization my thoughts went to a dark place and i looked at Ashton saying "he deserved however he died. i hope it was as painful for him as it was as i watched him shoot my father." i then added "how did he die?"

ashton looked at me stunned for a moment before saying "Libby im so sorry about your dad. i didnt know. im sure harry doesnt know either.. but Chris? i dont know exactly how he died i only know it was a hostage thing so they probably tortured him for information then shot him when they couldnt get any." he said to me slowly. i know i shouldnt have but i felt a strange sense of reliefe wash over me that he didnt die of natural causes. he didnt deserve that. i hadnt realized but we were pulling into my drive way.

as i was getting out of the car i looked at ashton and told him "tell niall to come to my house as soon as he can you can come too. i think this has to do with all of you, but i dont ant anyone else knowing about this. understand?" ashton nodded at me saying him and niall would be over as soon as they could.

that was all i needed to hear before i rushed inside to my closet to pull out the seemingly forgotten black duffel bag my dad had given me that horrible night. sitting on my bed i hauled the large bag onto my bed. as soon as i opened it i knew i would need niall and ashton for this. i mean whos better to explain all these mafia records than two members of the australian mafia?

Hi guys! as you can see i added some new characters. they will all be introduced sometime soon, but ill tell you who they are now too.

the boys (one direction and 5sos are in the australian mafia except Zayn, and Louis. (maybe..)

Logan Hanson is one of Libbys best friends and also her foster brother. (they became foster siblings after Logans parents were marked as dead after they had been missing for 1 year and 3 months. Libby and Logan had already been friends for about 7 years, but after his parents went missing Logan came to stay with Libbys family, and they eventually adopted him into their family).

hugh jackman is Kane who is Libbys dad who was killed by Chris. Harrys dad. ooh..

okay. if you have any questions comment below! please vote! i want to try for at least 8 votes in order to post the next chapter. it just gives me more motivation to write knowing that people like what im writing. love you all!