chapter 9.

*at the hospital with Niall*

i was awoken around noon hearing someone come into the room saying "geez mate, you sent all of us at headquarters into a panic when you didnt come back. why didnt you answer your phone you git?" i kept my eyes closed when I heard Niall shush the other man saying in a whisper

"shut up Ash! shes sleeping. we were up late last night. we will wake her up when the other guys are on thier way so she can leave." other guys? does that mean my 'stalker?' I decided it was a good time to fake waking up now.

i strectched and yawned while saying "morning niall. did you sleep.. whos this?" I was staring at a strongly built man id say he was 20 also. he had hazel eyes and brown curly hair, and damn. look at that jawline. this man is the epitome of gorgeous. but. he looked strangely familiar.

Niall cleared his throat saying "this is Ashton. Ashton, this is Libby." after niall completed his sentence Ashton turned to me wile asking

"is she Libby, as in thee Libby?" when Niall nodded to confirm his question Ashton asked "is she coming back with us?" i rolled my eyes and scoffed

"you know im right here. i do know how to speak for myself, and to answer your question, no. im not coming with you guys." Ashton looked at me and grinned.

"darling, i hate to break it to you, but your lucky. if he wanted to he could have you anytime he wanted, but he doesnt want any harm to come your way. so if i were you; when the time comes; dont fight him. itll only make things worse. hes the reason last week when you tripped on your shoelace you were caught by thepolit and observative pedestrian." ashton said while grinning. this grin wasnt friendly or mean it was more of a sneaky grin. after he said that it hit me where i knew this man from.

*flashback*

it was a tuesday and i was running late to my job at the library so i was rushing in order to make it on time. i wasnt being careful or i wouldve noticed my shoe was untied. of course i didnt. as soon as i tripped i thought i was going down, but as i almost hit the ground a pair of arms grabbed my waist and hauled me back onto my feet again. after the stranger caught me he then proceded to bend down and tie my shoe for me before saying goodbye and he was on his way again.

*present time*

"you caught me the other day when i tripped on my way to work" i said after the realization hit me that i knew this man. then quickly i added "thank you. for catching me."

ashton smiled a genuine smile while responding "of course. it was no problem."

niall looked a little uneasy. he kinda seemed jittery as if something was wrong. when he realized i was looking at him he said "you need to go. now. theyre going to be here any minute."

i was quite startled while i said "but. i dont have my car. i came in the ambulance with you." niall looked over at ashton. i knew they were having a silent conversation me not included. finally after a stare down ashton nodded picked up his keys while looking at me.

'come on. lets go. we have to get out before he gets in." he sighed then added "niall this doesnt feel right. were going against him. were all supposed to be pals. we have an agreement. we shouldnt be doing this."

niall gave him a stern look and said "take her home ash. hes not ready for them to fully meet yet and neither is she. she doesnt need all his baggage. he needs to set a few things and people straight first. take her home. now." ashton nodded obediently at niall and then walked out while i gave niall a bro-ish hug then followed ashton out of the room and to his car.

we were driving out of the lot when ashton suddenly said without even looking at me "get in the backseat and sit on the floor. cover yourself up with my jacket. hurry" not a second after i got covered in the back ashton had stopped and rolled his window down talking to the car next to ours. i assume theyre the guys niall was talking about. i waited in the backseat till ashton said "okay, you can come back up here now." i crawled in the front seat ready to ask ashton a question when ashton put his hand up and said "ill explain everything" he then sighed about to begin before i got a text message. ashton and i both looked at my phone which read.

'whyd you leave? ithought you wanted to know who i was. oh and tell ashton i said hello.' -**********

ashton turned paled and looked we both looked behind us to see the green eyed man from the bar watching our car. i gasped and looked at ashton asking "is that him? the man whos beenstalking me?" ashton winced when i said stalking.

looking directly at me he said "yes. that, is Harry Styles."