Ch. 16

RECAP

Niall pulled me closer to him "Just dance with me so it looks like nothing is going on." he whispered before pulling my back to his front so he could access my ear easier. "I got notice from someone we have on the inside that Harry sent his men here. He doesn't know what's going on, but he knows something is since we have been making all these stops and assembling the guys. He doesn't know that you're Cain's daughter yet, but I don't think its going to be long before he puts the pieces together ." After hearing Niall say this it brought me back to reality. This isn't a dream. I don't get free days. I am prepping for a war. My heartbeat started to increase as I began to look around the room. "Quit, you're going to draw attention to yourself if you start freaking out." Ni whispered into my ear. I nodded softly.

"Who?" I muttered

Niall sighed behind me "that's the problem. We don't know who is working for him."

***

"We don't know?" I questioned. "How do you not know your own guys? You work with Harry too."

Niall shook his head "No I know the guys that actually work in headquarters and are actually apart of our unit, but there are guys on the outside that I don't know. They're basically search parties. They find people. None of the guys on the inside know who they are because when Harry suspects one of us is up to something he gets these guys to trail us. It helps him stay on top of things."

"Harry doesn't sound like a good leader if he doesn't even trust his own guys.." I told Niall.

"He is the leader of the Australian Mafia, would you?" he asked me

I thought about it for a moment before answering "Yes, I would only let people work for me that I absolutely knew that I could trust." then I added "I want them to trust me, and If I cant trust them why should they trust me?"

Niall smiled at me saying "I like the way you think kid, but Harry uses a different approach, fear, he doesn't need their trust if they are scared of him. They trust that he will take away everything they love if they cross him. A lot of the people who work for him not only fear him; they respect him. Not only out of fear, but because they know that he does what he says he will, and he is true to his word. He never does something without a reason for it. He's not a monster. Terrifying? Yes. Mean as hell? He can be. Heartless? No." I was thinking about what he said when he added "Honestly you guys would make a good team. A perfect pair. You are much more understanding, but you aren't afraid to use force if needed. Harry is less understanding and could be your force."

"yin and yang." I whispered to him as I watched a man in a dark shirt and jeans hang up his phone and make his way to the exit. Just before he reached the door he turned around and made eye contact with me before turning and walking out. Normally I would have thought nothing of it, but the feeling I got when he met my eyes was something that I couldn't let go. "He was one of them." I told Niall, as I began to walk away in pursuit of the man Niall nodded, and began walking with me.

When we made it through the crowd and out the door the man was standing on the lawn speaking to someone on the phone. "Stay here. Just keep watch. If I need you I'll yell. Lets see if I can get him to talk before you walk up and force him to." Niall opened his mouth to protest, but I shook my head "Yin and yang, remember?" Niall huffed, but stayed where he was as I approached the man.

"Hey." as soon as he heard me he hung up the phone. "Party's not over yet.. Are you alright?" I questioned the man in front of me.

"Uh, yeah, I'm good. Parties aren't really my thing." he scratched the back of his head.

"Well, do you need a ride home?" I asked before adding "Oh, wait, you were just on the phone. Was that your ride?" I asked, trying to make the man think that I was just a concerned stranger.

He must've believed it because he said "No, actually it was my boss. Are you sure its not to much trouble? the ride?"

"No of course its not! Its pretty late, it would suck to have to walk home. I was getting ready to leave anyway." I told him smiling

"You were?" "I thought this was your party?" he looked at me curiously.

"It is. I'm taking a couple friends home, and then I'm going to meet someone." I told him

"Oh, who are you going to meet?" I could tell he was trying not to look to curious.

I smiled and gave a girlish giggle for dramatic effect "His names Harry. You probably don't know him."

"Harry Styles?" he inquired

"Yeah! how'd you know?" I acted surprised

"I work with Harry, he's a pretty cool dude, what are you meeting him about?" he questioned smoothly

"He told me that he sent someone here tonight, and asked me to evaluate them and see if they actually did what he asked, but I don't think they showed up. Its sad. I've heard he can be quite difficult to reason with when someone gets on his bad side." I said nonchalantly.

Immediately the man began to fidget; unsure if he should tell me who he is and blow his cover so I don't tell his boss that he didn't show. It seems he decided to blow his cover "What? Harry asked you to evaluate me? I did show up. I didn't realize that you were supposed to know who I was. I thought that I was just supposed to trail you. I'm sorry, I must've misunderstood him. Please let him know that I was here." he told me quickly, giving me all the information that I needed.

I touched his arm trying to calm him "hey, its okay. I will make sure that he know that you were here and that you did your job. He told me that he might send a few guys, but he never got back to me so I just assumed none of them showed up. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you." I tried to get the last bit of information that I wanted to know out of him carefully without just asking if there were more of Harrys guys inside.

"Oh, No, Harry decided to just send me. Sorry he didn't tell you. You must've been freaking out too. I would hate to be the messenger that told him that none of his guys showed up.." he explained, and then added "well, if were going to the same place, do you mind taking me?"

Oh no. Oh no. Think. Think. "Well, actually, Harry and I have some, private, business to attend to, I think its best that we don't see him together.."

the mans eyes widened "Oh! Yeah, of course. Well, um, I'll see you around then."

"I can still give you a ride home! I'd just like to meet with Harry in private.." I explained.

The man nodded "Thank you, but I think I'm going to take a cab."

"Oh. Okay. Well, be safe." I said while turning and making my way back to Niall.

I walked past the blonde boy and straight into the house. By now there were only a few people left, and once I got inside the guys started ushering them out of the house. Once everyone was gone we all gathered in my living room, and I told them the information that I had gotten from the guy. They all looked quite impressed at what I had done, and began to discuss where to go from here.

We began to discuss our game plan for getting inside and how we were going to recruit more people for our side. We had just finished marking spots on the map that my dad left me and writing down more names of people to check out; when the door opened and we heard "Libby? What is all this?" from the one and only, my best friend, Kami. With papers all over that living room floor, men with guns on our couches, and a duffel full of guns at my feet; I had no idea how to answer her question.

Hello! I know that it has been forever since I updated, and I am extremely sorry about my lack of consistency. I was having bad writers block and had no idea where to go with the story, and I wasn't sure if I even wanted to continue it. I have decided to continue it, and I will try to get better with my updates. I know that this is short, but I hope that it will suffice for now. Thank you for reading. Also, Thank you for all the votes, comments, and reads! when I posted the first chapter I had no idea that people would actually enjoy reading th book, so thank you so much for all of your feedback. I love you all.

over and out.