Chapter 4

Clay arrived at school looking like a mess. He didn't sleep well last night. His morning was just the same as all the other's. He sat with his friends, talking about random things, while regularly looking at George who was busy texting his girlfriend.

Wait? Where was George, thought the blonde to himself. He looked around, his eyes went over everyone's heads looking for the short brunet.

"George is with his girl." said Nick.

Clay looked over "Oh, eh, what? How did you kn-"

"C'mon man, it's obvious. You always want to talk and be with him and stuff."

The tall guy turned red "Oh, I-"

"It's alright dude. I get it, George is really awesome. He's our best friend, I miss him too."

"He's not dead, guys." said Darryl "Stop being dramatic."

"But I miss my Georgie!" joked Nick.

They all laughed. Little did they know, Clay really missed his favorite short boy. The bell rang and he immediately stood up. George was his classmate, so at least he saw him during all the classes.

The friend group split. Nick, Darryl and Clay walked to their classroom passing George and girlfriend. "Oh hey guys! See you later Maia!" said the short boy. He waved at her cutely and joined the boys.

Clay saw the way Maia looked at the brunet. It's the same way he looks at him. She turned around and joined her classmates. She then started talking to Richard who seemed happy and supportive.

The tall boy still thought it was weird that he told George Maia didn't like him and that he should give up. "Clay, are you coming?"  heard the blonde behind him. He turned around and saw the cute short guy standing there, waiting for him enter the classroom. "Oh, yeah, I'm coming." he answered.

They all sat down while the teacher was handing their tests back. Clay sighed relieved. He passed, barely. He was happy with a 58%. Just like always, were the classes boring.

The tall guy wasn't interested in any of it. He was thinking about becoming a content creator. He knew there were lots of people out there who played Minecraft as well. His friends praised his speedrun skills. Clay knew he was a good player. He knew he would be able to entertain people.

-

School was over for the day, finally. The tall boy walked through the big gate at the front of the building to go home. He saw his friend in the distance. He was talking to Maia, again. Her friend Richard was there too. He was looking at George rather strangely. Clay stopped for a second to observe.

He flinched as he felt a hand on his shoulder. "Who are we inspecting?" The blonde immediately recognized the voice and turned around.

Johnathan was standing there, still holding his hand on Clays shoulder. The tall boy brushed it off, "Eeh no one." Schlatter laughed. He started patting the blonde's shoulder. "So how have we been today?" said Schlatter in an ignoble voice.

"What do you want from me?" asked Clay.

"I'm just checking on you, buddy."

"Wasn't I a whiny little bitch according to you."

Schlatter's eyes opened widely. "I was just messing with you, man!" he laughed it off. "I didn't mean it, dude."

Clay didn't buy it, he pushed John's hand off him and walked off. His heart was beating fast. What the fuck did Schlatter want from him? Why didn't he just leave him alone.

He listened to music while walking home. He repeatedly looked back, thinking John might be following him. Thank god that wasn't the case. He looked at his phone screen, his favorite song was playing. 'Heat Waves' by Glass Animals, it made him think of George.