Chapter 27

Clay didn't hesitate. He didn't even change clothes. He grabbed a jacket and a pair of shoes and sneaked out the window. He took his bike and rode off.

He was excited to see George again. He was happy to see his pretty smile and face that made him lit up every time.

That's when he stopped. He looked up and down. Forth and back. Left and right.

"No.." he whispered under his breath.

"No!" he screamed.

His eyes started to fill with tears. he placed his hands against his mouth. George wanted to break up with him, didn't he. Clay felt his stomach ache. He didn't look forward to the meeting anymore. He didn't want to face the brunet anymore.

He didn't want to break down in front of him, he knew that this time.. George wouldn't stroke his back. He wouldn't comfort him the same way as he did before. Nothing would be the same anymore.

He messed up.

He put his hands back on the bicycle handlebars and kept going forward. It felt wrong, very wrong. The time went by fast because before he even knew it the park showed up in the corner of his eyes. He didn't look at it directly. He faced the ground as he rode through it toward the lake.

He saw a long shadow in the grass. His eyes followed it until they met the top of a silhouette. It was a boy sitting in front of the lake and the moon. It was George.

The blonde was scared. He dropped his bike and walked towards the brunet. He considered putting his hands on the boy's shoulders but ended up not doing it. Instead, he sat down next to him, facing the moon.

The moon reminded him of George. It was beautiful and mesmerizing. The moon was light and fragile, one flow in the lake and it's reflection would shatter into a million pieces, but they would slowly return. They would slowly reform into the moon again if you let it rest. Just like how George healed after a short break, right?

The blonde opened his mouth, "Hey.." he said.

The brunet didn't answer right away. Clay squeezed his eyes shut. He held his breath trying to hold in a sob. He still looked at the moon in front of them. "G- George?"

"Clay.." the brunet faced him, "..what are we?"

The taller boy tilted his head without the intention to, "Eeh, lovers.. right?"

George had zero expression on his face as he asked, "What are you and John?"

Clay flinched, he looked at the other boy, "What?"

"Answer the question, Clay."

"I- I don't know. I don't love him. I love you, I swear, George."

The brunet sighed and looked up at the stars, "I love you too, Clay. But you act so weird lately. You said you felt different."

"I- I didn't mean it like that, I m-" Clay thought deep to choose his words wisely, "I meant.. we get more comfortable, I want to go further and do more with you."

"..Then why didn't you just say that?" sighed the brunet.

The blonde looked at the other male. They faced each other. The moonlight shone on the other's face revealing his wonderful bone structure. George was beautiful, fragile, unique. Clay had never seen beauty like that before. He looked down, at George's shoes, "I'm sorry."

He felt a cold hand on his cheek, he looked up. George's expression changed, he showed emotion again. "I won't forgive and forget what you did, Clay. But I love you too much, so I want to continue what we have.. and make more memories."

The blonde started to breathe louder, he lit up. "George? Really?"

"Yes, Clay, really."

The brunet placed both hands on his boyfriend's face. They were cold but Clay didn't care. They pressed their lips together. The blonde repositioned himself so he got the high ground. He embraced the shorter boy and warmed him up.

George pulled back to look his lover in the eyes, "I love you."

Clay smiled, "I love you too."

They continued kissing gently. Clay lifted George's sweater and stroke his back with his big, warm hands. The brunet placed himself on the taller boy's lap and pressed himself against him. They were so close to each other. Not only physically, also mentally.

The shorter boy rushed his hands through the other's hair. Clay pressed him harder and even closer against him. They looked at each other again. The blonde noticed the light on his boyfriend's face change. It turned warmer. He looked at the lake again and saw the sun rise, "Wow.." he said.

"I wish I knew what it actually looked like.." said George.

"Oh, yeah.." sighed Clay.

"Does it look as pretty and lively as our love?"

The blonde thought deeply, "W- what?"

"Like.. the way we felt as we confessed our love.. or when we had fun at the picknick.. That feeling.. does the real sunset give you the same?"

Clay laughed, "The feeling the real sunset gives you is far from what we have, George."

"Oh, then it doesn't matter." giggled the brunet, "You are the most important thing in my life, Clay. Nothing makes me happier than you."

The blonde felt a tear running down his face. Before he could even wipe it, George already put his hand out. He gently wiped it away. "Why are your hands always cold?" laughed Clay.

George giggled, "I dunno."

The boyfriends laughed, they had to squint their eyes now while looking at each other. The sun was so bright. Clay leaned in for another kiss. Even with his eyes closed he saw red from the scintillating sunrise. The sun was hot, there were no clouds in the sky. There was no shadow, the two boys were completely exposed to the rising glow of the sun.

George pulled back facing the tall male again, "Hey, Clay.."

"Hm?"

"You kind of are like the sun"

"Pfft, what?"

"You're always there for me, just like the sun always shines. You brighten up my days, just like the sun does." He then realized it sounded kind of silly.

Clay thought it was cute. He laughed, "Hey, George, if I'm like the sun.."

"Yea.."

Do.. I burn you?

No, Clay.. You melt me.

THE END