Chapter 21

"Are you fucking kidding me?" repeated the blonde but louder.

Schlatter laughed contagiously.

"You saw everything?!"

"I watched it twice. It was kinda hot, not gonna lie." laughed the driver.

Clay felt like throwing up. He gagged several times, then held his hands against his mouth trying to cope with the emotions. Tears started to burn in his eyes as he said, "Johnathan, please-please don't leak it.."

Schlatter's smile faded, "Clay, I would nev-"

"My parent's will fucking kick me out! George's dad will fucking kill him! The entire school will laugh again!" cried the blonde.

Johnathan stopped the car to the side of the road. He put his hand on Clays shoulder, "Dude, I'd never leak it, that's messed u-"

"Then what was the purpose of this conversation?!"

"I just thought it was funny cuz you seemed more like the top in the relationship- but George railed the shit out of you instead."

"Johnathan, WHAT?!"

Schlatter laughed harder, "I literally had to call Rich again after watching it cuz you know."

Clay remembered the foggy windows, "Eurgh! What the hell is wrong with you?!" The blonde put his face in his hands wondering why the fuck the other dude was so comfortable around him. "I don't need to know that!" he yelled.

John giggled and leaned back in his seat. The blonde stared at his lap, then opened the car door, "I'll walk home, thanks for everything."

"Clay wai-"

The blonde slammed the car door shut cutting off the driver. He angrily walked a bit further, then tried running away from Schlatter. He didn't look back, he wanted to go home. He wanted to sit on the couch and do nothing. What the fuck was wrong with Schlatter? Why does he act as if they're best friends?

Clay focused on breathing in and out. He then noticed the red car following him. The blonde turned around angrily. "What the fuck do you want?"

"Just get in, I'll bring you home, man."

Clay hesitated, he looked around and saw no familiar houses yet. He sighed, "Fine.. But don't fucking talk to me." He got in the car and looked out the window. He didn't make eye contact with Schlatter anymore. He honestly didn't even know how to feel.

-

"Hey, mom. I'm home."

Clays mom sat at the dinner table alone. "Clay! Thank god your alright!" She quickly got up and hugged her son tight. She then looked him in the eyes and asked, "Why didn't you answer my calls and text messages? I heard someone at the party was in possession of a firearm.. Is that true?"

Clay looked at his mom, her eyes were red. He hugged her again and lied, "We already left when that happened."

"And why didn't you answer my messages today? I wanted you to come home immediately."

Clay stuttered for a moment, then looked at his phone. It just connected to the Wi-Fi and the messages came in. He then noticed the missed calls. "S- sorry, mom. My phone was on silence mode."

His mom sighed deeply, "Clay, I know it's school break but I want you to stay home from now on."

The blonde frowned his eyebrows. He wanted to argue so bad, his mom always exaggerated. He sighed and let his head fall back, then looked up again, "Fine, mom. I'm tired now, I'm going to my room."

Clay felt his mother's eyes follow him upstairs. He didn't care. He entered his room, closed the door and let himself fall on the bed.

He took his phone and texted his boyfriend. Apparently George's father had yelled at him again. Clay felt bad so he called the brunet. They stayed on the phone for over an hour. They giggled and made each other laugh.

George was telling Clay a childhood story. The blonde listened carefully. His attention slipped away as he rolled over and saw the green on his knees. He remembered John, the camera.

"Shit." he whispered to himself. He looked back at the phone, completely lost. He wasn't following the story anymore. He decided not to tell George. The brunet would freak out if he knew Schlatter saw all of it.

Clay started feeling weird again, John was just so.. unpredictable? Clay didn't know how to express it but Schlatter was anything but a friend. Even though he 'saved' him twice, he was weird.

The blonde snapped back to reality as he heard George call his name over the phone.

"Eeh, yeah, yeah I'm still here Georgie!" he quickly said. He then heard a knock on his door, it was Drista. She called him for dinner. Clay told his boyfriend he had to go. They told each other 'love you' and hung up.

The blonde wasn't really hungry. Thankfully his dad wasn't home yet so he wouldn't have to face him. He was still tired and ate barely anything. His mom begged to eat a little bit more but the boy left the table.

He went to his room to play Minecraft. He saw Sapnap was playing bedwars. Dream called him and they decided to play duo. After many wins the boys got tired and decided to log off.

"Alright! Cool man, talk to you later!" said Sapnap

"Bye!" shouted Dream.

They logged off. Clay didn't go to bed immediately, he stared out the window for a few minutes. He looked at the dark treetops across his house and remembered the blue and red lights flashing that night.

He cringed thinking about what would've happened if they never got out of the room. His parents would totally kick him out if they knew he ever got in contact with the cops.

But the thing is, Clay liked it. He liked taking risks. He didn't even feel bad lying to his own mother. He felt confident. He sighed deep, the sleepiness kicked in again and he finally went to bed.

LMAO sorry this chapter was so hard to write for some reason. Also sorry for the fricking weird ass conversations between Johnathan and Clay. The tension between them tho 😳