Chapter 26

George rode home by bike with tears running down his face. He stopped regularly to calm himself and take the time to breathe. Why did he even bother going to his boyfriend's house? He showed Clay so much love. He knew Clay showed him even more. He knew Clay loved him but-

-

George spent the following days at home, of course. He told Nick about the truth. Nick had told a few others. They were mad, as they should. Clay was very wrong for what he did.

George started to feel bad for Schlatter, so did Nick and Luke. They didn't care enough to go apologize since Nick told them he bullied people including Darryl in the past anyway.

The brunet then started to feel heated. He should've seen it coming. Clay and John have always had something. They made out at Maia's party. John drove the blonde home the day he came out in front of the entire grade. Schlatter saved them that night the cops arrived at the party.

Clay loved Johnathan.

George's eyes burned. He got it, John was handsome, tall, funny, .. he was so different from him. What did Clay see in John? George didn't know, but whatever it was, he couldn't see it in George.

-

The boys played a lot of Minecraft those days. Bedwars, Skywars, speedrunning, minigames and more. George felt good those days. He indeed needed some distance between the blonde. He felt free for a moment.

That feeling left as soon as he logged off. He sat in his gaming chair looking at his hands, they were shaking. He remembered how Clay used to stroke them. The blonde made him feel so safe and secure. He closed his eyes and started stroking them himself, pretending it was Clay. He started smiling thinking about the times they spent together.

The times they explored and experimented, gosh George loved those memories. He looked up and breathed out. His heart skipped a beat as he heard the front door slam.

His parents were home.

"Ugh." he whispered under his breath and got up to lock the door. He didn't want to talk to his parents. They didn't need to know anything, they didn't care anyway.

George laid down on his bed. He grabbed a pillow and hugged it tight. The brunet missed being snuggled up against his tall boyfriend.

He missed sitting behind his boyfriend on his bike while holding him tight.

He missed Clays scent, he smelled like freshly baked cookies. George remembered it. He smiled as his eyes were closed, dreaming away and reliving those times.

He felt a sharp pain in his chest as he opened his eyes again. He sat there, alone, in his empty room. It was already nighttime. He saw the moon peeking above the treetops. He wished he was with Clay.

He missed him.

George buried his face in his hands, considering texting the blonde. Nick told him to not do it. Nick told him to keep distance for a while.

George grabbed his phone and saw the voice messages. He craved hearing Clays beautiful voice. He sounded like an angel, his voice was so calming. He listened to the messages carefully. They were graceful.

They made him melt.

Clays voice, the words, the emotions. The brunet couldn't hold it any longer.

George loved Clay.