58. Encounter

Author's Notes: Sorry for the delay, guys. I fell really sick -_- like real bad sick. But Everything is good now!

And just recently, I watched this kdrama, and they ended it in season 1, and I am dying to know the story ahead, but there are no announcements for a season 2! T.T That made me realise I should also hurry up and close this piece. 👀 Bear with me, please? 👀

Anyway, I noticed that some people have been reading the book for a second time, and it is kinda making me super happy LOLOLOLOL and even more motivated to keep writing. Thanks a lot! :)

Ariel

What would happen if I were to die right now? Will it be painful? Will I have regrets? They say your entire life flashes before your eyes when you are on the verge of death. But... what would I see? Would it show me my past? These feelings... that I have been missing.

"Ariel."

So soothing.

"Ariel..."

There's peace. I never want to wake up.

"Ariel..."

Her voice rang in my ears, eerily similar to mine. I opened my eyes and found myself standing in a dark space as if floating in the night sky, but without any stars in sight. I flipped around in search of the sound source, but everything was wrapped in darkness.

"Who's there?"

I turned on my heel and found myself before a full-length glowing mirror. Curious, I reached out to touch my reflection, but then the image contorted into one of the pictures I saw at Kaidon's place that evening. The image of the person he loved the most.

Alice.

She stepped outside the mirror, and flustered, I backed away from her but stumbled and fell on my back.

"What-what do you want?" I barely managed to get that past the lump of fear in my throat.

She sat on her knees and reached out, but before she could touch my face, I swiftly slapped her hand away.

"You are not real!" I cried out as I scrambled away. "You are not alive!"

Her lips curved up into a warm smile. It felt like a thousand flowers would bloom just at the sight of that. Like the early onset of spring, her presence had a refreshing feeling to it, which was what I hated about her. Even though We looked the same, I could never pull off such a heartwarming, reassuring smile.

Not yet. Not when my own mind was in turmoil.

"I am not, but you are." Her musical voice rang in my ears and echoed through the dark space. While I kept gaping at her. she got back up on her feet and took a step back. The rise of a small flame followed every step of hers until the entire path she walked back got engulfed in fire. In the blink of an eye, the dark of the space was replaced by the fiery fires of hell, as they spread like the wind in every direction. I found myself in the middle of the ring of flames while they closed in on me.

N-No!

I took a step back, but the heat of the enclosing fire pushed me forward.

No! This isn't real! This isn't-

I crouched down on the ground, wrapping my hands around my head. My eyes teared up at the sight, making me cower in fear.

Wake me up, please! Somebody help!