54. Festering Desire

Authors notes: I am SO sorry for the delay in update. Please forgive me! *kitty cat eyes*

Ariel

I can seriously hear the funny background music that plays in every sitcom.

"Ari, my kiddo!" Mom grabbed me by the neck and pulled me to her bosom.

"M-Mom! I can't breathe!" I whimpered.

She let go of my head and held my cheeks instead in her palms. "You have lost a lot of weight! Isn't Seydon taking good care of you?"

Hehe. Moms. All mothers are the same.

"Mama, at least come in-"

She gasped as her eyes fell on the hair flick that Griffin's sword ruined. She covered her mouth with her hand as she gently caressed her fingers through the hair lock.

"What happened to your lovely hair?" she asked, looking all perplexed and dramatic. A foreign eye might think she was overreacting, but this wasn't even the tip of the iceberg. Julia Ford was more than just a drama queen. She was the drama Goddess; if something like that even existed.

Julia Ford, the beautiful red-haired angel, was my mother, my best friend, my confidante, and my most favourite person in this world. We inherited a lot of traits from her, including that hair.

She was as innocent as a child. The news of my accident five years back literally put her into a frenzy. Given that she was still a little unstable at times, we often had to hide a lot of things from her.

"Griffy!"

"My name is Griffin!" My brother's screeching voice resounded from the staircase. He was struggling to carry in some heavy containers while Dad jogged after him close behind after parking the car. I chuckled at the transaction.

He dropped the containers on the main door and then huffed out a long breath as he stooped, with his palms planted on his knees.

"What- what the hell did you pack for her, mom? Rocks?" He grumbled.

"Awww, my poor little baby!" Mom pulled him in for a "breathtaking" hug, and I found him turning blue with the lack of oxygen.

"Mom!!!"

She brushed him aside and then turned to Dad. "Landon dear, doesn't she look thinner than the last time we visited her?"

He peeked in from behind the door and stepped inside, an amused smile playing on his lips.

"Whatever you say, dear. How can I ever cross your words."

The blue of his irises sparkled in delight, his dark hair with a few specks of grey complementing the colour. That was where we got our eyes from.

"Landon!"

I giggled again while Griffin rolled his eyes. Mom and Dad were the most precious couple, and I aspired to be like them. Mom was clearly the head of the family. She was everyone's favourite, no matter what she said or did. We loved her like crazy.

"Ahahahahaaaah! Ariel, help!" Rihanna clambered down the stairs in a hurry while Alex followed close behind, an evil grin gracing his lips.