47. Hell Hath no Fury

Kaidon

I officially declare myself as hopelessly off-track here.

Can someone get me a recap button, please?

I am not the type to just blindly follow what Seydon asks me to- especially not what Seydon asks me to. So when he "instructed" me to go pay for the groceries and held back Alex, I knew something was wrong and decided to eavesdrop instead. What had they been doing while I was gone?

"We need to talk." My phone dinged with Alex's text. I was seated in the passenger side while Seydon drove, and Alex was in the back. My eyes lazily wandered around to lock with his through the front mirror, and he raised his brows at me.

"I am listening." I texted back.

"So is Seydon, dumbass."

"Who in the world taught you those words anyway? Alice would be so disappointed."

"Well, FYI, it WAS Alice. And most of these words she used specifically for you."

I broke out into a chuckle. I deserved that. After all, I was often a jerk to her. She must have complained a lot about me.

***

"Rock, paper, scissors!"

I pulled out a scissor while Seydon pulled out a rock. I cursed in defeat while he playfully waggled his eyebrows at me.

"Two out of three?" I asked, hopefully.

"Nope, brother. You are on onion duty. C'mon, chop-chop!" He next turned towards Alex, supervising as he carefully cracked the eggs into a bowl. Apparently, Seydon was our new "manager" because both of us lost the game to him. While we worked our way with the ingredients, he lazily sprawled across on the couch with his eyes closed and headphones over his ears.

While I struggled past the tears in my eyes, battling away the mortifying burn of the onion juice, Ariel stepped out of the kitchen. With both her hands planted on her waist, she glared at him and then stealthily scurried towards the couch. Alex gave her a puzzled look to which she responded with a finger over her lips, gesturing him to stay silent.

Both of us watched curiously as she closed in on his sleeping figure, gently pulled the headphones off and then immediately made a screeching cry into his earholes.

"What the fu-" He woke up with a jerk and we chuckled. This was interesting. No doubt, she was trained by him. He practically raised another Seydon.

"Get your ass in there right now before I banish you out of the Christmas dinner."

"Ari, dear, I have done something you would call as delegating. I am managing my two minions, " He pulled her towards his chest, and I felt like vomiting all over my hard work of chopped onions.

"Yeah? If you are the supervisor, I am the President. You are on dish duty tonight."

"Perfect. Just what we needed." The text from Alex read, which I received immediately after their little banter.

***

I crunched on a toast as I pulled my mug away from the coffee grinder. Ariel was eagerly waiting before the microwave while Rihanna was busy setting up the crockery. As far as the other two idiots were concerned, Ariel resigned them to video gaming before they could cause any more disaster to the kitchen than they already had.

She briefly glanced in my direction, and her azure coloured irises met with mine. I recalled last night. I was drunk. I drank to be able to see her again. Her spirit tucked away in the deepest parts of my heart would often come forth and materialise itself into a hallucination before my eyes when I drank. This was my only saving grace, what kept me sane. But last night it was this woman, her in flesh and bone.