62. Forbidden Love

Seydon

"...Do you really think you can question me, huh?!"

He rose from the couch and approached me, his emptied alcohol bottle in one hand. He was drunk again. I fumbled around and stepped back but tripped on the edge of the carpet and fell down.

No...please, not again!

"I-I-I-" my voice got clogged by the tears that started building in my throat. He is-he is going to hit me again. I didn't want to get hit so soon again! The last injury still hurts...

"To think I am stuck here looking after a chicken!" He yelled like a madman as he leaned over me and grabbed me up by my collar.

The tears started flowing in a frenzy, and the hiccups worsened it. I couldn't breathe. I wasn't even sure I'd survive to see the sunrise tomorrow.

He threw me away, and my back hit the leg of the dining table. The force was huge enough to shake almost everything off the table. All the cutlery fell down around me. I tried to lift myself up to run and hide, but my injured leg wouldn't let me. I felt something warm trickle down my forehead, and I tried to wipe it away, only to notice the crimson colour of my blood. It freaked me out. I didn't want to die...

"You little bastard! You think you have-", he slapped me across the face and then kept slapping me as he mumbled more derogatory words, his hand moving almost in rhythm with his speech. At one point, I almost lost my hearing and could barely make any words out.

My mom's face flashed before my eyes. I really missed her then. I hated her every time she scolded me for anything. I regret it so much now. Even if it's just her scolding if only once I could hear it again...

I had heard someone say that people go to a better place after they die. Mama must have gone there. I wonder if I would too...

My body moved of its own will to drag my hand across the floor and grab a knife that had fallen down close by. I had done that often in the past. I just wanted the pain to end once in for all.

I nearly lay limp there, and noticing that I gave no reaction, he bashed his empty bottle against my head in angst and turned to leave.

Just for a moment there, I managed to get my power across and read his mind and there I saw all the ugly names he called my mother and-

*swish*

My tiny body climbed up on him, grabbed his neck and slashed the knife across his throat in a swift move. He choked and suffered and slowly lowered down. I jumped ahead to look directly into his fear-laden eyes. I gazed at him with my eyes wide open, wanting to etch the memory of his suffering into my brain forever. I even forgot to breathe at that moment.

Only when he finally fell to the ground and seemed motionless did I let air back into my lungs. I breathed hard and fast and fell down on my knees after the adrenaline wore off. I looked at my trembling hands soaked in his blood and what I felt inside...

Relief...

Satisfaction...

I enjoyed that feeling- watching him suffer. I wanted to make every horrible person suffer like that. And that was what I was gonna do.

"One eighty-nine."

The ball tapped the same dark spot I had created on the wall and sprung back to my palm. I swung my hand around and threw it again with a greater force.

"One ninety."

I earlier found the ball in the corner of the room and decided to play catch with myself. I never got the opportunity to play it with my father, and now we were all aware who made that happen. The words that I read in his diary were swirling around in my head, my mind trying to make heads and tails of it. The pages looked old, and most of the other information it recorded looked authentic.