c h a p t e r - e i g h t

As I packed my bag to leave class I felt my phone vibrate. I smiled as I saw Steph's name on the home screen.

Stephen: Hey! When are you free to give the girls some lessons?

I'm free next week, it'd be a great time to start

"Hey stranger!" Sobari yelled, running up to me.

I chuckled and quickly turned my phone off.
"Damn girl can you be any louder?"

She raised her eyebrow at me.
"Who ya texting?"

I sighed and thought about it. I was thinking about telling her and my experiences with Steph but I decided to keep it to myself. Of course I trusted Bari but I had to be sure I kept my end of the promise to not to let this get out.
"No one important."

She shrugged.
"So what are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing except for chilling at the house, why?"

"There's a party tonight but I have work and Yasmine really wants to go so I thought you could go in my place."

"Sure, why not." I shrugged. "But if it's dead I'm leaving and coming to the store instead."

Sobari chuckled.
"That's cool. Don't tell yasmine but I'm hoping it's lame cause the store is always dead at night. Atleast on my shift, not yours Ms. I met Step-"

"Okay! Let's get to class."

Stephen

Next week works perfectly. How about that Tuesday?

I swiped out of my conversation with London just as I got a new email from my security. The background check I had on her pulled through with a spotless record. Ayesha walked in and hugged me from behind.

I smiled and turned to kiss her forehead.
"Hey baby."

"Hey. How's your day been?"

"It's been pretty good. I wanted to ask though, how would you feel about giving the girls swimming lessons?"

She furrowed her eyebrows and smiled.
"Interesting thought. We've been wanting to do that so I'm all for it. We just need to actually sit down and find a suitable instructor. Hazel has-"

"I kind of already had an instructor lined up."

"Who?"

"It's just a recommendation from Livingston. I thinks that's a pretty solid source."

She shrugged and nodded.
"Okay..as long as you let them start after we get back from vacation."

I turned to her with a confused look.
"What vacation?"

"The one I planned for the two of us which starts...today so get packing." She smiled. "I planned it right around your break in between games. We're going to work on us okay?"

I smiled and nodded.
"Yeah, let's do it."

We got the girls ready for the day and started packing ourselves.

"What should I pack?"

"Casual."

"No like I meant where are you going to tell me where we're going."