c h a p t e r - t w e n t y

"Not even two months ago would I have thought that we'd be staying in a beach front mansion on a paid vacation from Steph Curry because of you." Sobari chuckled, taking a sip from her spicy margarita.

I smiled and stared out at the ocean, watching the waves crash over softly.
"I never would've thought either. One would call it, a happy coincidence."

"You ready to get back to reality tomorrow?"

I rolled my eyes and leaned back.
"Don't even remind me."

"New school. New job. New man." She said, smirking at the last part.

The past couple of months had been a roller coaster. I had been prepping for med school, Steph had won a championship, and to reward both of us for our accomplishments, he'd planned a lavish two week vacation. He even went as far as to invite Sobari and Justin. Klay was originally supposed to come, but him and his partner had split and Klay opted to drown his sorrows in Vegas as opposed to on the beach with another couple. Sobari was his first choice to bring instead and it had once again become a couples trip.

"Speaking of my new man, where is he?"

Steph

I was walking around the property, trying to get a decent signal so I could call Ayesha to see if the divorce had been finalized. Being able to have my divorce finalized before we got back to the states was something that would truly make this vacation perfect. The only place outside the house that had service was the blacktop but even then the signal was shotty. I rolled my eyes and put my phone in my pocket opting to just shoot a couple of shots to relax.
I tossed a couple of them up, watching the last shot bounce off the backboard and fly out towards the bushes. I noticed Justin looking down at his camera and called out to him.

His eyes widened as he clutched his camera and ducked the ball, chuckling.
"Damn Curry. Tryna take me out?"

I smiled and walked over to grab the ball.
"It would've been funny to see it hit you, but I wouldn't hear the end of it if it hit your precious camera."

"Ha. Ha." He said, handing the ball back. "Want a pic to send the wife?"

I narrowed my eyes at him causing him to laugh loudly.

He dapped me up and looked back down at his camera.
"You got sick of sunbathing with the girls?"

I dapped him back and nodded.
"Had to make a call then saw the hoop and thought why not."

"That hoppers mentality. I respect it."

Over the summer Justin had actually become one of my closest guy friends even though him and Klay had somehow became closer. It took a lot to convince him to come on this trip with me than spend the summer in Vegas with Klay. It also helped that he was an amazing photographer, I was actually hoping to recruit him for my Under Armor campaigns instead of the Nike campaign he would be interviewing for when we got back.

"1v1?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He chuckled.
"I beat you once, I think that's enough."

"That was a fluke and you know it."

"Bullshit."

"The only reason you won is because Sobari was the ref."

He scoffed and put his camera down.
"Let's make a bet.

I chuckled and dribbled the ball as we walked up court.

"If I win I get unlimited bragging rights."

"And if I?"