c h a p t e r - s e v e n

London

The game went great! The Dubs got the dub with a 121 to 112 win over the Mavs.

"Your man was on something today London." Justin chuckled, referring to Curry's 50 point explosion.

I smiled.
"He's just doing Curry things."

As we all walked towards the exit of the arena, I stopped at the restroom.
"Hold on, I have to use the bathroom before the ride."

They nodded and stood to the side as I stood in line for the restroom. The line was long and it seemed to take people forever to come out. I'd been standing in line for 5 minutes when I decided I needed to find somewhere else to use the bathroom because my bladder was about to burst. I kept walking down the arena halls until I finally found an empty hall with a seemingly empty bathroom. Security was blocking it though, luckily a loud argument broke out down the hall which kept the guard occupied. I quickly snuck down the hall and used the restroom, washed my hands, and made my way out. As I walked out, I bumped into someone.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry-" As I stood up, I was met with a familiar face. Curry.

He smiled.
"Hey you."

"Hey! You put on a show today. The best I've seen in awhile. You were amazing."

He nodded with a smirk.
"Thank you. I can't help but think that you're good luck."

Was..was he flirting with me??

I chuckled and blushed.
"Maybe I am."

He put his hands in his pockets.
"Uh, what are you doing on this side of the arena? Its usually blocked off."

"Sorry, the bathroom at the main entrance was practically overflowing with people and the line was so long. I searched around and found this one. What brings you here?"

"This is the usual route I take to leave the arena. My car is on the other side of the building, opposite of the locker room."

I nodded.

"Was, uh, this your first game?"

"It was. I was not disappointed either." I smiled.

He chuckled.
"I'm happy you had fun. I saw you and your boyfriend on the Jumbotron."

"Oh, he's just my friend, but I couldn't not kiss on the Jumbotron."

He smiled and nodded.
"Agreed. Did you drive with your friends?"

"Yeah..but my phone just died though and I'm not exactly sure which parking garage they parked in. I'll find them in the madness eventually." I chuckled. "It was nice seeing you again."

He stopped me and sighed.
"If you need a ride, I can always drive you."

I paused and turned back to him.
"Are you sure? I don't know if-"

"It's fine. Honestly. It kind of works out in my favor. I hate driving alone and it'll take you hours to find them in the mayhem." He smiled.

I smiled.
"Thank you."

"No problem, follow me."

We walked out towards his car in a comfortable silence. We made it in and as soon as I typed my address in, we were on the way.

"So..how's school?" He asked.

I chuckled slightly at his awkwardness.
"It's good. Psychology is a hell of a major. If you ever want me to bore you with the details let me know and I will be happy to oblige."

He smiled and nodded.
"I'll have to schedule a day for that. Are you free anytime soon?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, confused as to why he was going along with my joke.
"Um, I'm not sure. I have work and I'm starting to give swim lessons again so-"

"Swim lessons?"

"Yeah." I shrugged. "College doesn't pay for itself, plus I'm a certified instructor."

"How about I make you a deal?"

"Hm?"

"How about I schedule some time for you to give my daughters swim lessons? I mean..if you're up for it.."

My eyes widened slightly.
"Oh, yeah that sounds like fun. How come you guys haven't taught them earlier?"

"We've been planning to give the girls lessons but something always comes up, so it works out perfectly that you're an instructor." He smiled.

"Alrighty. I'll have your girls swimming like Olympic medalists." I smiled back.

His eyes widened as he chuckled.
"That's the goal. I'll let you know our schedule and we can work something out."

I nodded as he stopped in front of my apartment building.
"Thank you and I won't tell anyone about this by the way."

"I know. I trust you."

Hearing him say those words felt like heaven to my ears. I gave him another smile before getting out of the car. As I turned to walk away, he called me back.
"Wait! Your number, how am I supposed to let you know?"

"Oh, right!" I smiled, walking back.

He handed me his phone and I typed my number in.

"See you soon." He smiled, before driving away slowly.