c h a p t e r - t w o

I was warming up for practice in the gym, stretching out when Klay walked up to me, dribbling a basketball.

"Wassup man."

I smiled and dapped him up.
"Wassup."

"You ready for OKC on Monday?"

I nodded with a smile.
"I've been in a groove. I'm definitely ready to put up some numbers."

He nodded, shooting the basketball before grabbing another.
"How's Ayesha?"

"She's...she's fine.."

"How are you guys?"

"We're good.."

"Uh oh. What's up?"

He could always sense when something was wrong with me..

"We just haven't been the same in awhile, more arguing and more fights. Just..things haven't felt the same in a while. I hope that this anniversary trip that we're taking next week helps but.."

"I hope it does too man. You guys are strong. Hopefully, this rough patch works itself out." Klay said, giving me an empathetic smile and patting my back.

I sighed and gathered my stuff and walked out to my car, ready to get to bed. As I drove towards my house, I saw a Victoria Secret on my way there.
I might as well stop and get something for Ayesha for our anniversary.

London

I was at work stocking up items with Sobari by my side helping me.

"I thought senior year of high school was bad, senior year in college has been hell." I groaned.

Sobari chuckled.
"Four more months girl. Four more months."

I sighed.
"I know..it's just-"

I was cut off by Sobari gasping and tapping me.

"What?" I asked, prying my attention away from the lingerie.

She pointed towards the entrance and my eyes widened as I froze.
"That-that's Steph curry." I mumbled to myself.

"I know!" Sobari squealed.

My inner self was fangirling but I tried to kept it together and get back to folding the clothes while watching him intently.

Sobari smirked at me and slightly backed away.
"He's coming this way. Work your magic girl."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, taking a deep breath before he walked over. He looked amazing, as his strong cologne wafted in my direction.

I gave him a small smile.
"Hi. Can I help you?"

He smiled back.
"Actually, Yes you can."

Stephen

As I entered the Victoria Secret, I looked around at the practically empty store and my eyes landed on one specific girl.
Golden skin.
Brown hair.
Beautiful hazel eyes.

I was taken aback by this girls beauty instantly. I tried to get the thoughts of her out of my head but even though there were four other employees in front of me that I could ask for help, I walked towards her.

As I approached her, she looked up at me with a smile.
"Hello. Can I help you?"

I was somewhat taken aback that she didn't seem to have a reaction to me.