c h a p t e r - f i v e

London

"Yo!" Rome shouted, snapping my attention away from my psychology book.

I closed my book and looked up.
"What's up?"

"Are y'all excited for the game next week?"

Sobari nodded.
"My brother is jealous. I've only ever been to a game when I was like 6. I haven't been to Oracle in a minute."

"I'm excited. It'll be my first time. Plus it's the Warriors, who wouldn't be excited." I smiled.

"You're just excited to see Mr. Curry." She smirked.

I grabbed my bag and stood up from the grass we were sitting on.
"Shut up. I like basketball too you know, the sport."

Rome chuckled.
"We still meeting up tonight?"

"Of course. You owe me Chinese food for that environmental science paper."

"Of course. Where you heading to?"

"Work. Lingerie sales are calling me."

"Have fun! Let me know if any other stars come in." She winked.

I rolled my eyes and smiled.
"Will do."

———————————————

I stood at the counter and surveyed the empty store before checking my watch, seeing that it was just about closing time. I went to lock the doors and just as I walked around the counter the door jingled open. I was met with a familiar pair of green eyes as I walked back behind the counter.

"Welcome back." I smiled, walking over to the register, noticing that he had his previous purchase in his arms.

He gave me a weak smile and placed the bags on the counter.
"I'd like to return these."

"Didn't work?"

"Nope. Not at all." He scoffed, taking out his receipt. "I thought buying these would solve issues and it just created more.."

I gave him a slight nod as I rang up the refund.
"It's none of my business but have you tried counseling?"

He looked up.
"It's, um, not easy for my wife to talk to other people, especially about her issues so that's not the best option for us right now."

"Well it's always good to talk to someone. Whether it's you and your wife or just you. Whether it's to a counselor or just a person lending an ear."

"Thanks." He smiled.

I finished ringing up his receipt and handed him back his card.
"There you are. Money refunded. Sorry about the circumstances."

"It's not your fault." He sighed, putting his card in his wallet. He turned to leave out but hesitated and turned back to me. "I have a quick question."

"Shoot."

"If..if a woman starts spending more time with her guy best friends than her actual partner, does that mean the partner is pushing her away?"

"Not necessarily. It could mean that she's avoiding her partner on purpose not that her partner pushing her away. If she's not communicating with her partner, that could be a sign of a deteriorating relationship. The partner would have to find the reason for the communication problems, but it's not the partners fault. In my opinion."

He sighed and nodded. 
"Thanks, it was just a scenario for a friend I was thinking about, not-"

I smiled and stopped him.
"I'm not a clout chaser or a TMZ reporter, I don't really care about scandal and exposing, I just like helping people with their problems. That is the reason I'm a psychology major."

He smiled back.
"Have a good night London."

"You too. Remember.."

He turned back to me.

"It's not always your fault."

He smiled again before turning out.
"Thank you."