c h a p t e r - o n e

London

"London. You make me so happy. Will you marry me?" He asked, getting down on one knee and pulling out my dream engagement ring.

"Oh my gosh Stephen! Of course I'll marry you!" I smiled as he slid the ring on my finger.

He kissed my lips and hugged me before pulling away.
"Wake up London."

"What?" I asked.

"Wake up."

"Wake up London!"

I woke up to someone dropping a book on my desk and pulled my head up, realizing that I had slept through class and that my friends Sobari and Justin, stood over me.

"Damn girl. Why are you so tired? You slept through the whole class." Sobari asked, waiting for me as I put my books away.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, grabbing my bag and my work.
"I stupidly decided to watch the game instead of studying so after the game I had to study for like 4 hours. I was up all night."

"Priorities girl." Justin joked, wrapping his arms around Sobari.

I rolled my eyes and stood up.
"Ha. Ha." I mumbled sarcastically.

Senior year of college was stressful as hell and hell was where I was at. Procrastination was my enemy and school combined with the job I was working made this year one of my most stressful.

After Mr. Porter's class we had lunch, thankfully.
Me, Sobari, and Justin met up with our other friends Yasmine and Rome. We sat down next to them and exchanged hello's as I leaned against my arm trying not to go to sleep again.

Yasmine threw a fry at me and raised an eyebrow.
"Why do you look so tired chica?"

"She was up last night watching her fictional baby daddy instead of studying for forensics so someone had to pull an all nighter." Sobari chuckled.

Rome raised an eyebrow as I glared at Sobari.
"Baby daddy?"

"No one-"

"Steph Curry." Sobari interjected.

"Damn. Shut up Bari! I wasn't just watching him. I was watching the team. Him being on the team is just a bonus." I smirked, slightly sitting up.

Yasmine and Justin laughed.

"I still stand by the fact that KD is better than Steph." Justin shrugged, placing his arm around Sobari.

I scoffed.
"Okay, but I still stand by the fact that Steph is more valuable."

"Bullshit." Justin scoffed.

"So your telling me that the guy that joined our team last year is more valuable than the face of our franchise who got us to two finals before that."

"That's exactly what I'm saying. Warriors wouldn't have won last year without KD in the finals."

"Without KD, our record is 47-4. Without Steph, our record is 28-32. Do the math ass hat."

"I have to agree with my girl London, Justin." Rome said.

I smiled, playfully kissing his cheek.
"Thank you. Atleast there's one smart guy in this friend group."

Rome smiled as I leaned on him.
"I'm always here for your support buddy."

Sobari smirked at us and took a sip of her drink.
"You working tonight?"

I nodded and sighed.
"Sadly."

Me and Sobari both worked at a small Victoria Secret in Oakland. The job was nice and it was decent pay.

She smiled.
"Great!"

Stephen

"Stephen!" Ayesha yelled, causing me to sit upright and rub my eyes.

"What's going on?"

"You have practice. Get up! I've been calling you for the past 10 minutes." She sighed.

I groaned and got up, stretching and letting all the cricks in my back crack.

"Ew daddy!" I heard Riley say as she ran into the room and hopped onto the bed with Ayesha.

I raised an eyebrow and chuckled.
"That's nasty to you Ri?" I asked, picking her up and tickling her.

She nodded and giggled loudly.

I put her down and kissed her cheek, before grabbing my phone and heading into the bathroom.
I took a quick shower and grabbed my towel, quickly drying myself off. I quickly got ready, kissing Riley and Ryan on the forehead before heading into the kitchen to see Ayesha. She made the girls plates of breakfast and quickly walked past me, ignoring my presence. I sighed and rolled my eyes, grabbing a bottle of water and a banana.

We've been having issues and arguing a lot more than usual lately. Having attitudes with each other. Petty stuff..It's just...lately that spark that had always fueled our marriage and brought us past the bad parts, seemed to give out, exposing the true deterioration of our marriage.

"I'm heading to practice." I said, throwing my bag over my shoulder.

She nodded.
"Okay."

I went to leave but she stopped me.
"Did you remember what Monday is?"

I raised and eyebrow then leaned against the fridge.
Shit..Our anniversary.

"Of course." I sighed.

She looked up and rubbed her ring.
"Are we still going out?"

I gave her a small forced smile, trying not to make notice of the issues that almost prevented me from mentioning our anniversary.
"Why wouldn't we?"

She gave me a small smile and shrugged.
"Just asking..your memory is about as great as my  grandmothers."

I chuckled.
"Not that bad Aye. I have to go."

She nodded, as I left for practice.
Thank god..