c h a p t e r - s i x t e e n

London

"I beat you!" I yelled, as Steph parked his car behind mines.

"How! I literally took all my shortcuts." He chuckled.

"I know better ones obviously." I smiled as he unlocked the front door. "So what's my prize?"

He smirked.
"We'll get to that."

I followed him in and noticed the silence.

"It's quiet in here right? The girls are with their grandparents."

I nodded.
"How is it without them?"

"Very boring." He smiled. "I miss them like crazy though."

"I would too." I smiled as we made our way to the living room.

I sat down as he set his jacket on the arm of the chair.

"I'll be right back okay?"

I nodded as he disappeared down the hall. I loved how the house decorated, especially the main living room. I'd been surprised at the invitation but definitely was not going to turn it down. Steph made me happy and that's what I needed right now. He's what I wanted..
My thoughts were broken by my phone vibrating. I looked to see it was just a tweet from TMZ. My eyes widened as I read the article title.

Ayesha Curry Spotted On Romantic Date W/Another Man!

"Uh, Cheval Blanc or Chateau Margaux? I know you probably-" He smiled before noticing my face. "What's wrong?"

"Um, can you check your phone?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, reaching for his phone.
"What's goin-" He stopped as soon as he unlocked his phone. "What the fuck?"

I slightly jumped at the loudness of his voice.

He sighed and put the phone to his ear before turning to me.
"I'll be right back."

I nodded as he quickly walked upstairs.
Lord.

Stephen

"I can exp-"

"EXPLAIN WHAT AYESHA!" I yelled, feeling the urge to punch a hole through our bedroom wall as the photos of her laughing, cuddling, and kissing Bryce were plastered over my phone just as they were in the blogs.

"IT WASNT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN LIKE THAT STEPHEN!" She sobbed through the phone causing me to roll my eyes. "We had a little to drink, and I know it was wrong but-"

"THATS YOUR EXCUSE! YOU WERE DRUNK! That's the best shit you could fucking come up with!?"

"Please Steph stop! I'm heading home now, can you please wait until I get there to explain-"

"Don't fucking bother. I'm done, and I don't know why it took your fuck up for me to see it. Its over! I'm filing in the morning."

"NO! Ste-"

I rolled my eyes and hung up. The photos still on my phone made me sick, and I couldn't even control myself when I threw it against the wall. I paced around trying to control my thoughts but it wasn't working and I found myself relaxing my anger by punching a decent sized hole in the wall. I turned to see London standing there with a worried expression.

I sighed and shook my hand, rubbing my knuckles.
"Sorry, I didn't know you were there."

"I'm sorry. I just walked up after you got off the phone. I didn't know whether I should stay or not and then I realized the wine downstairs wasn't going to do you any good so I brought you some Tito's in case you didn't feel like leaving your room." She said, giving me an apologetic smile, before turning to walk out.

"Wait," I sighed, walking towards her. "You don't have to leave..I kind of don't want to be alone tonight."

Her smile stayed on her face as she nodded slightly.
"Okay. Well, where do you keep the shot glasses?"

I chuckled and pointed to the shelf above where she was standing. She reached up and my eyes immediately went to her exposed midriff. She poured the two shots and handed me one.
"To..forgetting tonight ever happened." She smiled.

"I'll definitely drink to that." I said quickly downing the shot and reaching for the bottle.

London

I sat down at the edge of the bed and took a swig from the bottle after he did.
"I hate this question, but..are you okay?"

He sighed, sitting across from me as I handed the bottle back.
"No." He chuckled. "I just found proof that my wife is cheating on me. Even though she was probably already doing that..I just didn't want to believe it."

"I'm sorry this happened to you..no one deserves that...you didn't deserve that."

He smiled slightly.
"It always happens to the ones who don't deserve it huh."

I nodded, taking a swig from the bottle.
"Were you paranoid about it?"

He nodded.
"Yeah, and I was right to be."

"Intuition is always right. That's what sucks."

"Your intuition?"

I chuckled.
"Especially my intuition. I was so right, it was kind of sad."

"What happened?" He asked, grabbing the bottle.

"I met my ex in high school, we started dating freshman year of college and for three years he was in another relationship.."

"Damn.." He mumbled.

"I found out when the other woman showed up to my apartment pregnant."

His eyes widened as he turned to me.
"Are you serious?"

I nodded, taking back the bottle.
"Kind of took a break from relationships after that."

He sighed.
"He's a bitch for doing that to you. I couldn't imagine doing that to somebody, especially you."

I smiled.

"I knew we were having problems but..I thought she would atleast tell me she moved on before finding out in the blogs.."

I sat next to him as he grabbed the bottle again.
"That was a fucked up thing to do. One thing though, atleast you know the truth."

He nodded slightly.
"Atleast.."

"Hey!" I said, lifting his chin up. "They didn't deserve us!"

"They damn sure didn't." He chuckled, leaning on my shoulder.

"You'll find another beautiful woman who's going to love you the way you need to be loved, and appreciate you the way you need to be appreciated." I smiled, looking down at him.

He shifted and looked up at me.
"I think I have."

I furrowed my eyebrows, not catching on.
"That was fast. Who?"

"You." He smiled as our eyes met.

We slowly found each other leaning in and connecting our lips. It was like a spark was matched between us, like we'd been waiting for this moment..
He groaned, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me against him. Our lips moved eagerly against each other and I felt him lightly bite my bottom lip allowing his tongue to meet mine. As our tongues fought for dominance, he cupped my ass and picked me up, placing me on the bed. I pulled away from the kiss breathlessly.
"Wait."

"Okay." He said, stopping all of his movements. "What's wrong?"

"I..I just feel like you're really vulnerable right now. Trust me I want you..right now, but I don't want you to regret it either."

He smiled and leaned down, hovering on top of me.
"I've wanted you ever since I laid eyes on you in Victoria Secret. I wanted you even more after I saw you in that sexy ass lingerie.." He said, reaching his hand lower and lower. "And I wanted you the most when I saw how much you cared about me." He rubbed his fingers slowly on my clit causing a loud moan to escape my lips as my eyes closed. "I promise you, there's nothing about this moment that I'm going to regret babygirl."