Chapter 3: Screwed

Nia

Mate. Mate. Mate.

I am so screwed.

Nia was frantically rushing to her room, possibly denying the bond that was so evidently there.

She wasn't paying attention to her surroundings as she ran right into Beatrice, someone that she oh so wanted to avoid right now.

"Someone is in a rush," Beatrice mused, her dark hood and mask down revealing her beautiful face. Her black coiled hair, normally pulled back into a bun, fell down her shoulders. There was something elegant and terrifying about her entire demeanor. Any immortal would be able to identify her as a demi-Fae based on her scent. One that possessed not an ounce of magic, but inherited immortal youth and all the other perks of being Fae. Only a fool would underestimate her ability to slit throats and shatter bones.

Most governments didn't even know that she existed. The ones that did, didn't have a clue on who she was and how much damage she had actually caused. But people in the underground referred to her as Amethyst, as she only revealed her stunning deep purple eyes to the world. As did they all, actually. Everyone apart of the gang, if you could call it that, kept their identities a secret and faces hidden. At least for the most part. Beatrice was one of the ones who kept her face hidden more strictly. Which came in handy when no one knew what she looked like, so no one could recognize her when she went undercover. "I hope the Wolf didn't scare you?" she mused, her ebony skin reflecting the lamps that hung on the walls that kept lit with magic.

Not him. But the mating bond, yes.

Nia didn't even want to consider what would happen if the rest of them found out. How she would undoubtedly become a means of way to control him, and possibly her.

But Nia stammered, "Sorry. Was just lost in my own thoughts." Nia tried to walk around her, but Beatrice only stuck on her arm stopping her where she stood.

"Did he drink anything?" Beatrice asked coolly, her purple eyes being capable of scaring or subduing anyone into submission.

"Some," Nia answered. Lie. As soon as the mating bond snapped into place she went up and left. And ditched the cup of water on some table in the hall along the way. Nia prayed that Fenrys, or at least she thought that was what she heard his name was, wouldn't seek her out or tell anyone.

However, avoiding him wouldn't be possible. The Furies was what anyone who knew about them would call them. And unlike the other four members, she wasn't some highly trained assassin or spy. But might as well have been a slave, and usually the one to provide meals for whoever they had taken prisoner at the time.

"Hmm," Beatrice said, before waving a hand dismissively. "Andrei might come looking for you." 

Nia only nodded faintly and gave a quick bow, before continuing on her walk back to her room. 

Andrei. A powerful Fae male warrior who's magic could only be compared to the famed Lorcan Salvaterre. Who, last time Nia checked, was now a Lord of Terrasen. Not that she particularly stayed up to with all of the current events in the outside world. Not that it mattered. She of course knew about the last Valg War that happened five years ago. And the basics of Queen Aelin Galathynius and whoever the current royals would be. But she had long ago given up with trying to keep up to date with everything. Given up with hope of trying to get out of this god forsaken system. A system that once you were in, you never got out.

As soon as Nia got into her room, she flopped down on her small twin size bed. The small room was made of concrete walls and had no windows like the rest of the facility. The entirety of a facility, known as The Pit, was carved into a mountain, and was so massive that Nia had never explored the entirety of it. Used as a criminal hub spot, where you could sell and buy anything illegal, people included. The Furies usually used it as their main base and place to do their dirty work, but Nia knew that there they had bases all over the world.