Chapter 37: THE ONE THAT WE HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN WAITING FOR PT2

Sorry for this one taking longer to come out

But here it isss

Aelin

"STUPID!" The Queen of Terrasen declared. "All of this is STUPID! The fact that we are here to attend a party, and dance, and drink and sing and eat all night while Fenrys is STILL GONE is STUPID!"

"May I suggest you keep your voice down," Lorcan told her quietly. "We are now officially in a foreign court, where not everyone is loyal to you and will keep their mouths shut."

"No you may not tell me to keep my voice down," Aelin growled to the Lord.

They walked through the palace in Rifthold, which Aelin believe was a serious upgrade from the glass one. But she didn't particularly care at the moment as they headed to the room where the guards said their friends were. 

Rowan sighed, "Fireheart--"

"You guys are here," Lysandra squealed, coming out of nowhere and tackling them in a hug. "We were wondering when you were going to come in."

Day light streamed into the very open but cozy room. Paperwork and books scattered about the coffee table and floor. As the six of them were also scattered about the couches, ground, and fluffly chairs.

"Come over here," Yrene called from the couch with the second heart beat. "Don't make the pregnant person move."

"How's the baby doing?" Rowan asked, walking over to her and kissed Yrene on the cheek and Chaol and Aedion got up from where they were sitting to greet everyone.

"It's kicking," the Golden Lady said with a warm smile. "But also likes to make it impossible for me to sleep comfortably ever again."

"Where are you kids?" Aedion asked Lorcan and Elide as he hugged Aelin tightly.

Elide said, "They saw Hafzia and Eva when we arrived and went running off--"

"Never mind that," Lysandra said with a wide smile. "Fenrys is here!"

Aelin left her body.

"What?" Rowan breathed, everyone else had gone into shock.

"D-did he make it from Wendlyn or something?" Elide stammered, anyone with heightened hearing able to hear her fast pace heartbeat. Or maybe that was just Aelin's own.

"Wendlyn? No. Well..." Aedion said. "It's complicated. But he is here."

It was Aelin who barely managed to stammer," L-like r-right here? Like he is inside this palace? I can see him now."

Rowan's arm found Aelin's waist to help steady her trembling, her knees threatened to buckle.

"Well him, Nia and Dorian went out for magic training," Chaol drawled. "So he's not currently in the palace. But like did sleep here."

Aelin couldn't breathe, the only reason why she hadn't collapsed was because of Rowan.

"Oh and there's more," Lysandra said enthusiastically. "Fenrys has a mate!"

"I'm sorry what?" Lorcan said.

"Just sit, sit," Lysandra said, motioning for the couches. "I'll explain everything."

---------

Aelin was at a loss for words at the end.

Rowan holding her tightly muttering under his breath, "I can't believe Luca was right about the whole mate thing."