How the tale could've gone

So school is over but the next chapter I'm working on is looking to be 4000+ words again

And I'm behind with posting, and some actual WIP one shots I have going on aren't ready to be posted

But what I will post are some rough drafts of some scenes that I had written

Some of the scenes I have completely changed, others only slightly, others were cut because I didn't like the writing/direction it was heading/vibes

These have barely been edited so there are a lot more grammar/spelling problems than normal

Any way I present to you several one shots sort of scenes

(You are going to have figure out where these could have gone in the story line)

Instead of an explanation/apology this happens...

Nia nodded faintly but her eyes drifted to the mantel of a fireplace, where a small framed painting lay. In it lay a Fae female and male, smiling. In front of them was what looked to be a 10 year old version of Fenrys who was already smirking. Next to him had to have been Connal, who was identical to his brother in every way except for the hair. However he seemed to be pressed much closer to his mother and was giving the faintest of smiles.

"So you truly grew up here?" Nia asked Fenrys who was giving up on searching for any other food.

He nodded slowly, leaning himself against a stone countered top table.

He said, "Speaking of this home. It's located on the far outskirts of a small town, and unless you knew where it was I doubt that you could ever find it." He paused for a moment as if to consider how he wanted to continue with it. "It's safe here, on this estate, and it's not like anyone lives here. Which is why I am going to offer it as a place for you to live."

Nia froze, and Fenrys continued, "It's just." He sighed. "You've been through a lot, too much. And I'm sure there's more and I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you, that anyone, would ever have to go through what you've been through--",

"Is this about last night?" Nia cut in, and she still wanted to explain why she was on him. And he could say all he wanted to how he didn't blame her, and she knew that he truly didn't. But it hurt him. And she wouldn't forget how he flinched when he touched, whether it be because of her or that it surprised him or something else.

"No," Fenrys said immediately. "Well yes. But mostly last night, the skinwalkers, that you had to push unconscious bodies in the water, just everything, yes in that regard. And that river must've short cutted everything because normally it takes two weeks to get here from Doranelle But even if we ended up here regardless of last night, I would still offer this place to you."

Nia ran a finger across the lightly painted wall, considering his words. "So you're trying to lock me here?"

"What? No. Not all," Fenrys immediately said. "I'm just saying that if you stay here you will be safe."

"Lock, keep, stash, stay, they all mean the same thing..."

"Nia," Fenrys pleaded. "You need somewhere that you can heal. Based on what you've told me you've never felt truly safe, and I can't promise you that if we continue on our way to Ornyth. Fuck we, I, nearly died last night and would have if it weren't for you. And Orynth is still weeks away. And you need to be safe. Just to have a chance to breathe and be free and need to--