Chapter 15: The Idiot Who Gave Him A Knife

Fenrys

Fenrys could mourn the black wolf later.

Right now he had a show to give.

"I would like to thank the idiot who gave me a knife!" Fenrys shouted to everyone, the dagger covered in blood twirling in his hand.

His eyes landed on The Furies who's glare promised him that if he tried something, he would regret it. Oh but he was going to try something.

Could this completely back fire on him? Yes. 

But Lorcan called him arrogant and reckless for a reason. He believed that it would be dishonoring his memory to not do something that could get him to be killed.

"Now I understand that you guys wanted a fight--"

"GIVE HIM SOMETHING HARDER!" someone in the crowd shouted.

"AND WITH CLAWS!" yelled another.

"AND POSION!" screamed another.

"Well now you guys are just describing an Ilken, which I have fought before." Fenrys gestured to himself. "And obviously haven't died from."

Although he did become poisoned by one back during the war, but that was beside the point.

"But since I'm sure I lost a lot of you some good money." There were grumblings in agreement. "How about I give you a chance for you to have another bet tonight."

"Drop the Knife!" demanded Andrei.

Fenrys only grinned. And slowly, but dramatically did he put the knife on his own throat. "Anyone takes a step toward me and I slit my own throat."

The entire crowd went silent and froze. There was an awkward cough in the distance.

Fear doused the mating bond, but Fenrys ignored it.

"You're bluffing!" shouted someone, but there was worry, or was it fear, in the Furies eyes that they might lose their prize. 

Guess they truly do want me alive. Very flattering.

Fenrys pressed the blade closer to him and blood trickled down. "I told you would have a chance to bet."

Are you bluffing? Nia asked quietly.

I'm not going to die, don't worry. And there was just a rush of relief down the bond, which honestly warmed his heart. He did feel slightly guilty though for making Nia think he was going to kill himself twice, but he could apologize later.

"Drop. The. Knife." ordered Andrei again, his hand drifting to the sword at his side.

Fenrys smile didn't fade, as the blade dug into him in warning, and drops of blood hit the ground. The scent of blood undeniable. Andrei snarled and shadows coiled around him in warning. But Fenrys didn't break his eye contact with him, waiting, waiting for--

That's when an arrow fired at him, and Fenrys stepped in front of it, and it pierced his right shoulder.

"NO!" shouted Andrei, but Fenrys had already taken it out, and with it the iron ball that nullified his magic. Power flooded him and the ever lasting burning in his shoulder eased.

Fenrys rolled his neck to the side and grinned. "Now who wants to have some fun."

Magic of all sorts lashed out at him but Fenrys held up a hand and a shield deflected it all. The probably impossible walls to scale to get out of the arena, didn't matter, because in a blink of an eye he was right where the crowd was, and was putting a knife through the first person he saw.