Chapter 33: Antica

"So let me just get this straight," Sartaq said, rubbing his temples at breakfast the next day. "Fenrys is currently unconscious in this palace."

Seated in a enclosed, hidden area of the royal palace as to not have anyone overhear did the trio explain to the future Khagan what had happened.

"Yes," Lysandra said, morning bouncing of thick brown hair.

"And will continue to be unconscious for the next several."

"That's what the healer said," Aedion commented, settling into the couch.

"And the scar on his face is gone, but there are now scars on his wrists, ankles, and neck."

"The kidnapped theory is looking to be incredibly strong," Nesryn said, putting a hand on her husband's leg under the table.

"And since finding him, he's killed someone and probably blew up a ship."

"Also yes."

"And he has a mate."

Lysandra slurped her juice, "I very much want to talk to his potential significant other."

"And the apartment that he told us to go to, indicates that he was drugged, raped, and chained according to Aedion."

"Well, I said that I could scent him there, the girl as well, as well as four other scents. Bleach, lingering traces of blood, none of Fenrys's just of the girl really. Sedatives and other drugs were found there, as an entire arsenal of weapons. And there are chafe marks on a bed post, and shackles were found, so basically yes."

Sartaq muttered a prayer to one of his 36 gods. But said, "Okay so my father knows that Fenrys is here, and we have him. But do we want to tell him about the apartment?"

"No," Aedion answered. "At least until we have confirmation from Fenrys. We can just wait till he wakes, and he can explain everything to us then."

"Assuming that he is mentally sane," Sartaq countered.

"He looked to be at least to some degree of sanity to me," Nesryn retorted.

"He was sobbing over a girl's body," Aedion retorted.

"I would be sobbing over your body if your organs were falling out," Lysandra snapped.

"But are they in love," Aedion said.

Lysandra crossed her arms, huffing, "Hopefully."

-----

"What the fuck do you mean by Luca thinks he has a mate," Aelin growled to Elide and Lorcan who had returned from their travel in the Eastern Lands.

The Lochans shrugged.

They told everything they knew to their king and queen. And after quickly rushing back to Doranelle, as they could really only portal from capital cities; they portaled to Varese, the capital of Wendlyn, and ended up being at a lost for ends.

"He travelled with a female apparently," was all Lorcan said.

"But putting that aside," Rowan said, squeezing his wife's hand tightly. "He never made it to Wendlyn?"

Elide said, "It takes a week to get from Mistward to Wendlyn, which is where he would go to get a boat. But he never got there. Someone would've noticed his face and remembered it, especially in a city full of Fae. We asked boaters, citizens, guards, went to Galan himself, nothing."