Chapter 11: Blinded by the Darkness

So this a bit of a longer one....

Nia

Wait a second, Fenrys said. Are you here?

Yes.

Nia was standing in the corner of the room where Laban usually had his fun. Ahead of her was an altar in the middle of the room, on it was Fenrys shirtless and chained to it.

He tried to spare her a glance by turning his head, but she was too far behind him. But he still asked, Dare I ask why?

Cause why not, I guess, Nia grumbled, as Laban pulled out his tools. 

Metal scraped together as the sadist prepped his work, and something cold slid into Nia's stomach.

Are they seriously going to make you watch this? Fenrys asked, while simultaneously having a conversation with the sadist. 

Not bold, Nia decided, just stupid.

But said to Fenrys, it's happened before.

Nia didn't know if it was pity or empathy she felt down the bond, didn't care. She only tried to mentally ready herself for this. Because even though Fenrys made it evidently clear that he could take pain, Laban wouldn't be satisfied until he was screaming. It's not like Nia enjoyed hearing or seeing torture either.

So,So, what do you want to talk about?

Talk?

Nia saw a blade gleam in the candlelight, and Fenrys cringe, and her eyes were immediately on the stone wall, not wanting to watch the horror that was to be extracted.

Well, I don't really know anything about you? Fenrys said. And this is about to hurt for the both of us.

Well, they had been talking every day for the past week and a half, whenever Nia went to deliver meals. She knew that she shouldn't, that she wasn't supposed to. But even though he was in chains, being around him brought her so much comfort and freer. She could just talk how she would want to, without the threat of being punished.

But now Fenrys bit down on a scream, drowning out Laban's voice that was taunting the male. Another cry of pain and Nia refused to look, knowing that she would either be sick or do something if she did.

Whatever happens do not say anything or try to stop anything--

But he was cut short of a scream erupting from him. Nia's fists clenched to the side, as his breathing turned ragged.

She wasn't that selfish was she? The fear of Laban laughing at her kept her feet planted. 

Yet, mate, mate, mate, her mate was screaming.

And she couldn't--

She couldn't do nothing--

Nia, Fenrys pleaded, as if he could tell where her thoughts were going. Please don't do anything. If you were to get hurt because of me--"

A crack echoed. Another scream and she flinched. 

Nothing that she could do what make it not happen, possibly only make it worse. But he was screaming, and screaming. Nia couldn't just stand there.

When her eyes spared a glance at the table, anger and rage sparked in her at the sight of Laban's eyes. Full of delight and amusement as he twisted a wicked blade into Fenrys, and the blond swallowed a cry.