Chapter 2 (Part One)

“Not even all the fireworks in the world can light up my world like you do.”

---

September 13, 2020
17:00

Han River was definitely his favorite place. This is his healing place; always bring peace to his heart.
Seokjin walks slowly as he approaches his favorite spot away from the crowd. He sat on the grass beside the big tree.
Six years. He had been living on the dark for six years. Everything is done perfectly according to the plan.
But Taehyung, yes, his sweet VV. He is not included in the plan. He wondered why they have to see each other again. Suddenly, he felt exhausted. He lay down on the grass and closed his eyes.
And his thoughts were drifted away…

---

(Six years ago...)

Seokjin sit at their favorite spot while waiting for him. The fireworks show will start in an hour and the boy is still nowhere to be found. He fishes out the food that he had prepared for both of them. He opened the vacuum tumbler and smelled the tea. He is hoping that Vv will like it.
After 5 minutes, he saw a boy running towards him wearing the sweetest smile.
“Hyung, I’m sorry, I’m late.” Taehyung said catching his breath.
“Sit down Vv. The show isn’t starting yet. We can eat first. Here, take this.”
“Oh, my favorite Kimbap!!! Thank you Hyung.” And Taehyung take a big bite of the Kimbap. He even closed his eyes in delight.
“Hyung, this is the best Kimbap in the whole wide world. “
“Stop teasing me. All Kimbap in the world tastes the same.” Jin messed his hair with his right hand and gave Taehyung the tumbler with his left hand.
“I have a new recipe, Taehyung, taste it”
“What is this time, handsome Witch?” Taehyung said as he swallowed the food. He opened the tumbler and smelled the liquid inside.
“This is new, and quite relaxing.” Taehyung take a sip and grimaced.
“You didn’t like it VV?” Jin’s eyes are now squinting while he controlled himself from bursting his laughter.
“This tastes like soap. No cola?” Taehyung gave the tumbler back to Jin.
“That’s chamomile tea. You’ve been complaining that your stomach is in shambles these days so I made the tea. It’s fresh from my yard.” Jin turned his back on Taehyung while putting back the tumbler on his bag.

Taehyung hugged Jin from behind, and apologize.
“Oh, my witch is so sweet. I’m sorry Hyung.  I didn’t mean to offend you. I’ll drink it all because you prepared that for me.” Taehyung put his chin on Jin’s shoulders and closed his eyes. He always find comfort whenever he is with Jin.

Jin smiled. He really knows this boy’s weakness. He reached out for Taehyung’s hands and put them around his waist and pulled him closer.

“How’s school VV?”
“It’s fine. But our Science teacher is really annoying. He made me recite the periodic table elements in front of the class. I was embarrassed.”
“So what seems to be the problem? You knew the table even with your eyes closed. We both know that. I’ll bet our friendship just for that.” Jin chuckled as Taehyung hugged him tighter.
“But Hyung, he did that because he knew that we are close. He intently made me recite that so that if I fail, he can mock me. You know that old man has a crush on you!”
“That’s absurd.” Jin laughed hysterically.  “I’ve never been in the campus for several years now. Maybe he forgot about me.”
“No Hyung. Believe me. He is always like that.” Taehyung stood up and mimics the teacher
“I’ve been in this school for a decade now but nobody knew the periodic table of elements in this school except Kim Seokjin.” Jin is now laughing on the grass while holding his stomach.
“Stop it Tae. I can still remember how he called my name during attendance, “Kim Seokjin, My OxyJin.”
“It’s so cringy.”

They are still laughing when they hear the crowd cheered. They are now gathering near the river, but Jin and Taehyung remained still under the big tree. They can still see the fireworks from here. The show started and burst of different colors were seen on the night sky that reflected on the water.

“Vv, you know there are different chemical components of fireworks. That’s the reason why they have different colors. Strontium carbonate for red fireworks, Calcium chloride for orange, Sodium nitrate for yellow, Barium chloride for green, and copper chloride for blue ones.”
“So if I want to have purple fireworks, then I’ll mix the strontium and copper right?”
“Now, you’re learning from the witch VV.” Jin fondly smiled at Taehyung whose eyes are now focused on the fireworks.

Taehyung is his little ball of happiness. He is happy whenever he is with Taehyung. But sometimes he can’t explain what he felt for Taehyung. He knows he likes him.

But Taehyung is an innocent, young man. Maybe he just found comfort with Jin. Maybe, if he’ll ask him, he will reject him.  Fear starts clouding his mind with sad thoughts. He won’t risk losing him. Not now. Not ever.

But sometimes, the heart can speak on its own…
Jin stared at Taehyung with those loving eyes when suddenly his eyes enthralled on his red lips.
“I just thought of something to distract you from the fireworks.”
“What is it?” Taehyung whispered too, never looking at him
Jin didn’t say anything. He slid his hand slowly behind his ears, caressed his cheek with his thumb, holding him close, closer, till the space between them, was almost none.
Jin could feel his hand tugging his hoodie, near his heartbeat. He closed his eyes.
He closed his too.

The rest of the world disappeared as their lips touched. It was soft at first. Maybe they are testing the waters. Then it became deeper, more breathtaking. His hands relaxed and the way Taehyung responded to his kisses made his body tremble. Taehyung tasted like chamomile and it made him feel intoxicated.

They kissed like they have been waiting years for it. They could have regret it later. Jin slowly opened his eyes, and looked at Taehyung.
“Did you put something on the tea?” Taehyung asked Jin, trying to hide his blushed bread cheeks.

“Maybe the magic potion worked, my bogoship-cha. And I liked the result.” Jin replied as they pressed their foreheads together. Jin can feel Taehyung’s heart beat is as loud as his. He held his hand and they watched the fireworks. In this space, they don’t care about other people. At this very moment, they belonged to each other.

And no could take it away from them.

--