Chapter 3 (Part Two)

Paris, France
October 14, 2020
19:00

“Hello?” Jin picked up his phone and answered the call.

“Have you landed safely?”

“We’re safe and sound, as if you truly worry about us.” Jin laughed as he replied to the man who called, which he assumes is Phantom.

“I worry about my items not you. Anyway, I had your hotel reservation at Hotel Lafayette. Ride a cab and have your check-in now. I’ll send the details on your phone. I’ll be hanging up. Bye.”

Jin and Taehyung ride a cab going to Hotel Lafayette.  After talking to the receptionist, Jin gave him his keycard. Taehyung sighed as the elevators doors opened to him and Jin onto the 7th floor of the hotel. He felt exhausted from the flight and couldn’t wait to go to the bed for once.

“After you fixed your things and freshen up, meet me at the lobby. We will have a dinner at the restaurant across the bridge.” Jin said to Taehyung when they reach their respective rooms.

The door to their room beeped as the card granted them entry. Taehyung put his bag on the small cabinet and went straight on the balcony.

From his balcony, he can see the Eiffel Tower. Paris is one of the places on his travel bucket list. He watched as the moon illuminates the city. He couldn’t remember a moment where he felt more secured than he did at that moment. He almost hated to go back to the real world. He knew he had to but for now he’d enjoy the night.

Taehyung went back to room and he didn’t notice that on the adjacent balcony there’s a man who is also suffering as he is.

---

Taehyung went out to the hotel lobby to meet Jin. He is wearing a brown undershirt, black pants and a brown trench coat. To top it all, he wears a beret. He looks like a Parisian guy. He can’t help but smile. As he walked from the elevator, he saw that Jin is already waiting for him at the lobby.

Jin is wearing a light blue turtle neck knitted sweatshirt and a light blue coat. He’s wearing a black cap. Jin looked up to him and he saw admiration in his eyes that he failed to hide under his bangs. He saw Jin gulped and his delicious neck became flushed. He stood up from his seat to walk to him. He is now frowning.

“What took you so long? We almost missed the dinner.” He can hear irritation with Jin’s voice. He can’t answer and remains speechless.

“What have I done?” Taehyung asked himself.

They walked across the street and paced the small bridge. Well, this bridge is known as a tourist attraction. The tourists, especially the lovers who travel here, put “love locks” on the bridge and throw the keys into the river. They said the love locks symbolize unbreakable love. Taehyung shakes his head as he tried to hide smile when a sudden memory flashed on his mind.

They entered a fancy restaurant and he liked the ambiance. The waiter accompanied them to the corner table for two and he gave them the menu.

“Order anything you want. My treat.”

“Sure.”

“Give me a Caviar, creamy onion pasta, Lamb Navarin and a strawberry sorbet.” Taehyung gave his orders to the waiter.

“Make that two and a bottle of white wine please.”

The waiter gave the orders to the chef and went back with a bottle of Chenin Blanc. 

“You still have a big appetite, Taehyung-ah. But how can you maintain your lean figure if you’re still like that?” Jin said as he sipped his wine.

“Hyung, I need to ask you many questions.”

“And I don’t need to answer right?”

“Why do you leave me? You just left without saying anything. I was left alone in the darkness Hyung. I can’t stop thinking about you.”

Jin felt his heart leaped a thousand times. But he needs to control his feelings.

“I don’t think I need to owe you an explanation, Taehyung. You know I have my dreams and ambitions and I need to fulfill them. I’m rich now Taehyung-ah. I can buy everything that I want. I can go wherever I want to go.”

“But this is all wrong Hyung. This is not the life that you wanted.”

“And you, you’re a struggling car mechanic, full of debts, alone and miserable. Can you say that this is the life that you also wanted? Money is what makes the world go round, Tae. You are here because you need money too.” Jin drinks all his wine from his glass and avoided Taehyung’s eyes.

“Excuse me, I need to go to the rest room” Taehyung said as he stood up and walked to the restroom.

Taehyung’s eyes welled up in tears.
The waiter served the food while Jin poured wine to their glasses. He looked back to see if Taehyung is still on the restroom. He put a white substance on Taehyung’s wine and shakes it. As soon as Taehyung came back, Jin is now busy with his food.

“Eat up and we’ll talk about our mission.” Jin said as he looked up on Taehyung.

Though he still wanted to force Jin to spill the information regarding his involvement with Bangtan, he didn’t say anything. He still had time.
Taehyung tasted the food and he liked it. He’s eating the lamb when Jin speaks again.

“We are here in Paris to get the Moon Necklace.” Jin whispered and he focused on Jin.

“How are we going to get that necklace?”

“According to Phantom, the necklace is under the possession of the Black Swan. We need to go to the Bastille Opera House tomorrow night and watch the show.”

“What’s so special about that necklace?”

“The necklace is owned by Countess Elizabeth, the famous serial killer from the 16th century. There are myths that whoever possesses the necklace will be forever young and will retain his or her youth. The Black Market is also sucker for magic and witch craft.”

“So Phantom believes with such ridiculous things huh?” Taehyung giggled as he drinks the wine straight up.

“No. But with the money and power that the Black Market will give him, he’s willing to be called an idiot.” Jin watches as Taehyung gulped his wine. He glanced to his watch and pressed his timer.

They are now enjoying their sorbet when he saw a familiar woman who entered the restaurant. She is wearing a white dress with a black scarf and coat. She headed towards the table adjacent to theirs. There is a blond guy waiting for her. The blond guy stood up and kissed the girl on her cheeks. They sat and scanned the menu.

“V, at 9 o clock.”

Taehyung looked at his side and noticed the couple.

“That girl is the Prima Ballerina, Her name is Ysabelle. She is our target. She is the current owner of the Moon necklace.”

Taehyung observed the girl. She has a long raven hair curled at the ends. She is simple yet elegant. The girl removed her scarf and put on the adjacent chair.

“Bingo! Did you see what I see? That’s the moon necklace.”

Taehyung glared at the crescent moon pendant. It’s beautiful. Luminous and shining. Yet full of dark secrets.
Now he stared at the man in front of him. His moon. So beautiful. So bright. And so far away.

“I missed you.” Taehyung mumbled out of nowhere.

“V, finish your dessert and we will go back to the hotel.” Jin ignored what he have heard and asked for the waiter to give their bill. Afterwards, they went back to the hotel and enter their respective rooms.