Chapter 10 (Part One)

"Someday, all the love you've given away, will find its way back to you, and it will finally stay."

---

Songdo Hospital
November 12, 2020

For a minute, he forgot where he was. He was just staring at the white ceiling and then blinked three times. He felt a tiny stretch of pain from his back. He grimaced.

Yes, he is alive. It's good to be alive.

He heard the faint voices beside him and he saw his uncle and cousin talking softly. Uncle Choi glanced at him and went towards him.

"You're finally awake, Jinnie." Ji Woo said and held his hand.

"Hey," he mumbled, his voice a little raspy. They helped him as he tried to sit upright.

"We're glad that you survived all those things. Thank you for saving us, Jin." Uncle Choi's voice cracks and he wiped his tears.

"It's all over Uncle, Noona. The bad guy is captured." Jin smiled despite the pain that he felt on his back.

"As soon as you are discharged here, the investigation will push through. I need you to be strong. But no matter what happens, we are here for you. We are family, never forget that." Ji Woo smiled, a smile full of assurance and encouragement.

"Thank you. Where's Taehyung?" Jin said and searched for Taehyung inside the room.

"He just left about 30 minutes ago. He said that he had many things to do today, but he gave those flowers and he will come back soon."

Jin saw the flowers beside his bed, imagining Taehyung smiling while personally picking the flowers. He is not exactly the romantic one, but Taehyung knows that he would love these things. Ji Woo picked the card and gave to Jin. Jin reads the card that says,

I love you.- Vv

Three words but enough to make his heart somersaults in happiness. He doesn't know what he did to deserve all the love. It is so overwhelming.

His thoughts were disrupted with a knock on the door and the man opened the door. He felt the tension building up inside him. This man exudes that power and authority, but became soft when he smiled, losing his eyes. His uncle and cousin bowed at the man and asked permission to leave.

"Seokjin, how are you?" Mr. Bang asked and makes his way over to sit down in the chair next to his bed.

"I'm fine Mr. Bang, just a little pain on my back, but I'm good." Jin tried to control his grimace.

"I want to thank you for calling me and informing me regarding Cypher. I trusted him with all my heart so I never imagined that he will betray me and the whole department. He is the best in everything he do, but money and jealousy changed him. I always tell the kids to never let the emotions get in the way, but I am the one who didn't practice what I preach. Sejin is like my son. He is like an older brother to Taehyungie." Mr. Bang stated, trying to hold back his tears.

"As soon as I met Taehyung again, I told to myself that I will make it right. I won't let him live in the darkness, just like me. And when I found out that he is a cop, I thought that I need to protect him in every way that I can."

"I know it's hard for all of us, especially to you and Taehyung. But everything will be fine." Mr. Bang assured him.

"After my recovery, I will try my best to help in the investigation. If this is the only way that I can make things right, I will turn myself in, Mr. Bang." Jin said and Mr. Bang tapped him in his shoulder.

"You are a brave man Jin. I'm glad that Taehyung chose you. You are compatible. That little kid is a stubborn one, but I love him. And please call me, Ahjussi. You may not know me, but Taehyung tells a lot about you."