Chapter 7 (Part One)

“I don’t need a perfect relationship; I just need someone who won’t give up on me.”

Kyoto, Japan

October 26, 2020

12:00

They reached Kyoto by noon. They rent a small room in a garden hotel. They entered the room and Taehyung ran to the window to look at the beautiful zen garden adjacent to their room. The place looks peaceful and serene. He closed his eyes and inhaled the fresh air. Sometimes, he forgets that he is on a mission. This is a perfect place to relax.

His thoughts had been drifted away when strong arms snaked to his waist and hugged him from behind.

“Can you feel the honeymoon vibes, Vv? I swear I can live here forever with you.”

“Jin, don’t tell me things that you know you can’t do.”

“Does a criminal not allowed to dream?

“I didn’t mean that. It’s just that our situation sucks.”

Jin turned him around so that he can look at him in the eyes. Jin cupped his face.

“I’m hard to handle, but even harder to let go of. Consider yourself warned.”

Jin leans forward and kissed him. Jin’s hands trail down to his waist pulling him closer. Taehyung curls his left hand on his hair and yanks down to deepen the kiss. Taehyung succumbs, brushes his tongue while his other hand trails down to his chest. Jin shivers and moans, his cock already twitching. They already give in to their body’s desire when they are being interrupted by a loud ringing of Taehyung’s phone. They pulled away and Taehyung reached out to answer the call.

“Fuck that cockblocker!” Jin hissed, his flustered face registers frustration for the nth time. He went out of the room to get some cold water.

Taehyung answered the call from Speedy.

“Hello, V, Where’s Shadow?”

“He’s in the kitchen. Why?”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Tell you what?”

“That you’ve known Shadow since you were teenagers. That you are past lovers.”

“I’m also surprised to see him too. Is that important?”

“Of course.  This could be an interference with our mission.”

“Don’t worry, I can handle this.”

“Phantom knows.”

“Oh, what does he say?”

“He got angry with me. I don’t know any of his plans yet. I’ll keep you posted for an update.”

“I’ll be more careful, don’t worry.”

“Our safety is in your hands, V. Remember that.”

Jin entered the room with a bottle of cold water. He gave it to Taehyung who remained quiet after his conversation with Speedy.

“So how can we get hold of your friend? We need to get the amulet soon.”

“I just hope that he is still using the mobile number that he had given me.”

Taehyung tried to call him. He just heard ringing from the other line. On the third attempt, his friend answered the call.

“Oh, Taehyungie, how are you? Wait, you’re here in Japan?”

“Jeon Wangja, yes I’m here. Where are you?”

“Oh, Code M I think?”

“Yes. So, where are you? I need your help.”