Chapter 9 (Part Four)

Taehyung is already making his full detailed report regarding his mission with Bangtan when he received a call. The call that he had been waiting to receive and it feels like forever. The call that made his heart jumped.

“Hello?” Taehyung answered the call while trying to remain in his composure.

“It seems that you had been waiting for my call, V-ssi. Or should I say, Mr. Officer Kim Taehyung?” Phantom laughed on the other line and Taehyung felt that he had been talking to a devil.

“What do you want Phantom? Why don’t you give up and surrender to the police?” 

“It seems that you have that perky little music box with you. I need it.”

“I don’t have it. I left it in Sorrento.”

“But I have something here, I believe it’s yours.” Phantom became silent and it seems that he walked towards somewhere and he heard muffled sounds in the background.

“Speak to the phone, your knight in shining armor is on the line.”

“Taehyungah!”

“Jin hyung!” Taehyung stood up from his desk and he became uneasy. After waiting for several days, he was relieved that Jin was alive.

“Don’t listen to him. You need to do the right thing. Don’t mind me.” Jin stopped from talking and he heard a loud slap and an aching whimper on the other line.

“Jin hyung! Phantom, please don’t hurt him. I will give you the music box. Just don’t hurt him, I beg you.” Taehyung wiped the tears that were falling from his eyes.

“Okay. Let’s have a deal, you will give me the music box in exchange of your lover boy. Let’s meet on N Seoul Tower tomorrow at 7 o’ clock in the evening. If I will sense that there are cops involved, you won’t see Jin alive again.” Phantom ended the call and when he attempted to call him again, the phone was already off.

Taehyung stared at the music box and decided to make a new call.

“Hello, Jae Wook Hyung, I need something from you. Yes, I’m on Esmeraldo. Okay, I’ll wait for you here. Thank you.”

Taehyung was startled when the door opened and he saw Mr. Bang and Kim Sejin entering the hideout.

“Who are you talking to Taehyung-ah?” Mr. Bang asked Taehyung after sitting on the couch

“Hmmm, I called Jae Wook Hyung to help me with my computer.”

“A computer can be fixed by a regular technician. Why do you need the Ice Prince to do it for you?” Mr. Bang is still vying for an honest answer. 

“You know me too well, Ahjussi.” Taehyung shook his head and sits beside him. He gave him the music box after rotating the key.

“Wow, so you had bought me a gift in the middle of a mission? That’s sweet of you little boy.” Mr. Bang ruffled his hair and laughed.

“I know we both love Audrey Hepburn but it’s not a gift for you, Ahjussi. That’s the music box that I told you; the one with the recorded conversations.”

“Oh that’s why you need Jae Wook.” Sejin also sits on the chair in front of them.

“I know Hyung is the expert with this one. This is one great evidence to bring Phantom down.”

“How about Seokjin? Did you find him already?” Sejin asked Taehyung.

“Unfortunately, he is held captive by Phantom. We will meet tomorrow at N Seoul Tower for some negotiations. I just need to get Jin back safely.”